Category Archives: Deco art fluid acrylics

Collage card

Whilst I’ve been doing a massive clear out in the craft room I’ve come across a few random pieces that I decided to make into a card to break up the tidying task!

This one was a piece of tissue wrap already torn off and a fab arty piece I think I was gifted in a swap at some point.

I started by adding the tissue wrap to some mixed media cardstock cut into a 5×5 panel and dry brushing copper acrylic paint onto it. Then I used a Paperartsy stencil to add the block pattern down one side using some deco art fluid acrylics and a sponge.

Next I adhered the arty panel and then used the sewing machine to add texture around the edges.

Then I added stamping using a couple of Paperartsy Hot Picks stamps and black sparks paint.

I finished by rubbing the leftover sparks paint round the edge to frame it and then added it to a 7×7 card blank.

I love how this came out… elegant and funky all in one.

Happy crafting!

Catherine

Advertisements

Sewing ATCs

Carrying on with yesterday’s theme… today’s ATCs all have a sewing theme.

I used the button stamp again over the fluid acrylics for this, along with some sewing zig zags. Then I layered the stamped fabric piece onto some patterned paper and sewed it into place with a mixture of stitches.

This uses the Bronte sisters stamp on acetate and some different fabric backing (canvas and denim cotton) with Paperartsy fresco finish paints and some buttons and lots of hits of sewing to adhere the layers.

This time some different hot picks stamps with the dressmakers model and some text and lace. I started with a background of inks and then stamped the images onto vellum. I then coated the vellum with wax and let it cool.

I then used handsewing (cross stitch) to add more texture.

Love how all three and different but all the same theme.

Happy crafting!

Catherine

Button twinchies

Another swap… this time button twinchies… and I made this set of four.

The theme was buttons so I used a Paperartsy Hot Picks stamp for the background over a piece of card I coated in Deco arts fluid acrylics and stamped the buttons image with black gesso.

Then I created the label with more painted card and stamping in black gesso. Then I raided the stash for buttons that I liked to go onto the twinchies.

Next I created a panel for them to sit on smooshing distress inks.

Hope the recipient likes them as much as I enjoyed making them.

Happy crafting!

Catherine

Trades box… using up scraps and transforming the junk

I had this square box which a kit from Stampin Up came in a number of years ago and until recently have been storing scraps and playing cards in it which were for my 365 atc challenge of 2017 and 52 playing card challenge (which I didn’t finish) for 2018. Well I decided to sort it out and get rid of scraps and sort out the playing cards in it.

I tipped out all the contents and then had the idea of redecorating the box and turning it into the box I use for storing things I make for swaps before they head out … that way I can keep track of them. So rather than throwing away all of the scraps I used a random selection to cover the entire lid of the box. This is following the Nina Ribena idea of transforming junk into art.

I then added a thin layer of gesso to the whole box and this helps to knock back the mishmash of papers.

So next step was to start adding colour to it.. I chose magenta and ultramarine fluid acrylics for this and added them over the top of the box. Then using distress crayons and neocolors I defined some of the elements. And then started Stamping using white gesso and as well as the fluid acrylics. I had in mind at this point the moodboard that Nina Ribena had shared for her first week challenge… the top left in particular and the blue on the right mixed with the pink flower on the bottom.

My magenta might be a tad more red, but this is what I was thinking of with my colour choices.

Next I decided to get some woodchip letters for the title on the box… And added some distress oxide and some embossing to give them texture.

I carried on with some doodling and more definition on the edges of the panels and then stamped the Clare Lloyd sentiment to go with the swaps letters.

Super happy with how this looks now it’s finished. And happy to be able to keep swaps all in one place until they go out to their new homes.

Thanks for the inspiration Nina… I actually think I might have hit three of the four weeks of challenges with this project … mood board, scraps and junk! Not bad for an impromptu project clearing out my desk.

Happy crafting!

Catherine

UK stampers forum tag swap

Hi there

Today I have the tag I made for the swap over at the UK stampers forum.

I used a gelli printed tag for the base which provided a lovely background full of colour and details.

Then I added patterned papers and punchinella and another gelli print. O to this I added the stamped and fussy cut butterfly and the sentiment. Love the different layers and textures for this tag.

Happy crafting!

Catherine

Hug in a card on a gelli print background

Gelli prints make some interesting backgrounds and I had to use this one on book print to create the background for the scene.

I added the stamped image from Mediterranean Moments and then added some subtle colour using my promarkers.

Next I added the word “a hug” which was on one of the pieces of book paper I had … perfect.

I took a piece of Whisper White and used my new wood texture embossing folder to add some subtle texture. Then mounted the artwork onto the embossed card panel, added the twine and then added it to the kraft card blank.

Happy crafting!

Catherine