A few days ago I shared a card for the Back to Basics and Beyond challenge blog where the challenge is to use a Spray.
Well once my hands were stained from one lot of Dylusions ink I might as well make another card!
This time I used the reds and pinks and yellows (it also had a little of the teal it picked up from a stencil!).
This time I used water to ghost the ink and create a subtle pattern in the background.
I then did some stamping using the Gummiapan text stamp, the Timeless Textures, the Be Crafty Banksy inspired stamp and some Alpaca Pals text stamps.
You can’t see it too well on the picture but I also sprayed the resist spray and added some embossing powder to it on one side through a stencil. It didn’t work out well but it adds some fun texture regardless.
I added lots of marks using black and white pens and I love this urban graphic themed card.
Today’s blog is a design team contribution that I made at the very last minute and still have stained hands as a result.
The challenge at Back to Basics and Beyond is to Use a Spray and I’ve used my good but very messy Dylusions sprays!
So I started with a piece of card and a stencil and some cool colours of inks…
And I have no control using Dylusions so this saturated the card, bled under the stencil, and made the desk very messy!
But still a cool effect once dry. I did also try a little imprint of the stencil using the excess ink which was fun.
Next I used the white Dylusions ink and a different stencil.
This again puddles ink a little but some areas the circles were more defined.
I then added more yellow ink using a circle aperture to make it only in the centre.
I dried the cardstock and trimmed it down to become a card topper and then started stamping and doodling to create this card.
I used stanps from Alpaca Pals and a Tim Holtz die to finish off.
Love how this looks.
The variance in colour in the background and the subtle patterns are really cool.
Hope you like my experiment with sprays. Please grab your own sprays and join us on the blog.
The theme for this month at UK stampers forum ATc swap was winter… and I wanted to use up some book print I had added Dylusions to so I created these using the book print strips as a background on the black gessoed ATC blanks.
I added the white embossed star and then the sentiment embossed on black card. I also added the copper thread to add more texture.
Love how these came out.
Hello! Glad you have popped by. I have new goodies to share with you…
… Badass chick stamps! A friend of mine Pat subscribed to this Dutch stamp monthly set and I couldn’t resist so I joined in too!
I love the first set I’ve received. So I immediately went to work playing and made the following 4 ATC’s.
Embossing and Dylusions sprays for this fun blue card.
This one is using the Distress stains to create an Monte effect and then stamped the girl three times and then again onto some other card and fussy cut it out. The sentiment came from a digistamp set.
This one was using the heart stamp to emboss and then the girl stamp. I then created a simple dress and decorated it with the little dash stamps. I coloured it using SU inks.
The final one is using distress oxides and a bit of paint…. oh and embossing again.
I also added the flower and a wooden circle embellishment from Artful Days Goodie box.
Absolutely love this stamp set… so fun and such a joy to get a lovely surprise through the post every month of funky stamps!
I had a play with the supplies from the Artful Days goodie boxes… check out the video I filmed. Loved making this layout. Such fun… and of course my gorgeous chubby girl!
Here are some close ups…
Hope you enjoyed watching my process … I certainly enjoyed playing to create this.
Last week’s class I started a scrapbook page… well I’ve finished it!
I didn’t do much to it… just some drops of Dylusions ink to add splatters, some green thread and the photo, title and a little journalling.
My craft room had got VERY out of hand. And the parents visit was looming. These two things mean a major tidy up was required (my craft room is also the spare room where the parents stay!).
I thought I would document the process with my ProjectLife app.
I did make a promise to myself not to create anything until it was sorted!
At this stage I did create a little something from the stash I found… I needed a notecard to go in a parcel I had put together for a friend. The piece of card with paint/ink on it was found in the mess. I added the stencilled feather with spray Dylusions and the quote I found in the stash too. Just a couple of doodles and a nice little notecard.
Right back to it…
I spent the last hour of the time I spent in the craftroom cutting up an old atlas into usable sized papers. Wow I know how to spend a Saturday night!!!
And then finally…
So the bed is clear and just needs some clean bedding putting on before the parents arrive and they should have some room to move around the room too!