It’s another of the princess’ friends birthdays… how they are all becoming teenagers already is frightening… Anyway here is the card I made for Kizziya.
I used distress oxides to create the background and added a stencilled pattern using Versamark and some clear embossing. I also added some foil whilst the embossing was hot and this added a bit of a silver shine to the texture.
Next I created the star in the same way using a star stencil and then added some white pen to add edges to the star and the panel.
I then added the shrink plastic embellishment sentiments for the front using both the Happy Celebrations and alpha stamps for including Kizziya’s name.
I finished off with some glitter gems… cute!
Hoping Kizziya had a fab birthday and liked the card I made for her.
I’ve got the new alcohol lift-ink from Ranger and made a rather lengthy experiment video … here it is!
And here are the two cards I made by the end of the video…
Both rather difficult to photograph … but hopefully you can see what I made…
Love the lift-ink… think it opens up so many more options with alcohol ink backgrounds and of course with multicoloured stamping. Very very happy with my playtime.
Will share, of course, the other experimental pieces once they get made into something.
Another gloriously sunny day… so I spent some of it inside crafting! Lol. Mainly because the princess and her friend were outside having a water fight so I retreated to the craft room.
So I made this postcard for the UK stampers forum swap.
I love all the texture I created using distress stains and an embossing folder, distress resist and foil and embossing powder and distress oxides.
Then the image I stamped, added embossing powder and then watercoloured with oxides. I then fussy cut it out.
I added some definition with pencils.
I added the whole piece to mountboard and then edged it with ink.
Love how it finished up and it was a really enjoyable play time for me.
Entering this into the swap at We love 2 create blog where there’s an anything goes mixed media challenge.
Today I have the inchies I made for UK stampers forum using distress oxide, distress resist spray, foiling and one of the Petal Palette stamps.
I also videoed the process in this quick little video.
On Sunday I treated myself to a few hours of play in my art journal… here is the result.
I videoed the process which you can check out on YouTube. It really wasn’t going to plan at one point with the page disintegrating but I pulled it back from the brink and happy with the results.
Love the bright colours and fun textures I achieved and most of all enjoyed playing with paint and paper.
Love love love playing with no agenda.
Hello… another circle journal contribution to share today. And this month I had Julie Bell’s journal. Her construction was similar to others but with a lovely hard cover and it made it easy to flatten the pages to work in. I decided I wanted to keep it to flat pages and so glued the envelope flap shut. She also gave us each a piece of patterned paper and a mini envelope to keep or use… let’s see what I did.
First I started with fresco finish paints… mermaid, Jade, Beach hut, South Pacific. I also added some blueberry and amethyst.
Next I added texture paste coloured with Jade through a Paperartsy stencil. I love this numbers stencil. I then started with stamping and adding flicks of colour adding in the contrasting colour of Butternut.
I’ve realised now that this picture does not show the colour very well… oh well… you’ll see at the end the real colours… especially in the closeups.
I decided to add leaves to the page… so i stamped in versamark the leaves from the Lin Brown Paperartsy set and then embossed with sticky powder. Then I added gilding flakes. Then I stamped the smaller leaves and heat embossed those with a dark mahogany colour.
Love how these contrasted with the background. Then I built up a cluster for a focal point. The mini envelope which I added texture paste to through the same stencil, and butternut paint over the Jade with the crackle effect and i sanded it back a little to keep the rustic effect. A piece of gold shimmer paper I added gilding flakes to and tore it, and then some book print pages
provided some interesting laters. I then found the dream catcher wooden piece which I painted and added some of the Sparks paint to … I love the Sparks paints for giving a really sparkly finish.
I added some different threads to the dream catcher for some softer texture and a sequin in the centre. Then added the sticker sentiments from Tim Holtz which spoke to me for the layout.
I them set to with an Inktense pencil and water brush to add some shading and edging.
I love this layout and am really proud of it. Just hope Jules loves it as much as I do!
Hope you like seeing it too.
I’ve got a single ATC I made to share with you today.
It features one of the lovely Gorjuss Girl stamps… this time a mermaid design.
The background was a brushos mop up piece from another project. I then added two cut off pieces of acrylic painted card and a strip of foiling using tape.
I painted the girl using brushos to paint with.
I love how this came out although my painting could have been neater.