We are back to swapping again this month over at my Facebook group. This month I chose the prompt of “art” and this is what I came up with…
I went for a painty background using lots of different Paperartsy fresco finish paints and a brayer and stamps and a stencil and modelling paste and embossing powder… Yes I pretty much used everything! 😄
Then for the focal image I used the Indigo Blu paint tubes and cut them out. I added a layer of the glittery washi tape and then added the paint tube image.
Love how these came out and how sparkly the washing tape is to create a special layer which works with the gold embossing.
Looking forward to seeing what everyone else makes.
Today I have the final advent coins I made. These I made all in one afternoon and chose to make them in pairs to make life easier for myself!
I also used the same old number stamp set to finish them off.
My favourites are definitely the black with white embossing background. Just wish I had used slightly smaller number stamps rather than the large ones. Have to admit these were inspired by the samples Martin made for the Artisan blog hop.
The ones with the text background were also inspired by this blog hop… but by the banner on the card made by Hélène. For both of these the Peace and Joy (My current favourite Christmas stamps ever!) Stamps and dies. I also added a die cut tree scene with the glimmer paper.
Then to contrast I made the more natural ones using the pointsetta die from the Wreath Builder die set. I also added some texture in the background using the Gorgeous Grunge set.
So there you go… my advent coins for this year done… except it’s not exactly true because numpty Catherine sent the first bundle of coins (days 19-21) without a stamp on the parcel … so I had to make more!
These are the ones I made…
This time I went for a different look completely… I went with coins with a stencilled layer of stars and then layers of Fresco finish paints and alchemy paints. Then I chose three different ways to decorate them, but kept to the same colour and number stamps.
I added stamping to each coin using archival ink so each was different.
I used die cuts from the wreath builder dies and some stamped twigs.
I also used some Stamping magazine stamps for the holly and the little winter house. I added sequins for the holly berries and flock for the snowy roof.
Love how different they all came out. Looking forward to next years challenge (we are back to Twinchies and some have been made already! Yup I got organised ahead of time for once!)
Thankful that I had prepared blog posts in advance since the last few weeks have been pretty horrific. Unfortunately, through the teenagers attendance at school, the hubby and I also contracted Covid and we got pretty poorly. Grateful that neither of us had problems with our breathing, however both have felt pretty unwell. We are both on the road to recovery now but energy is low and so fortunate to have most of the blog posts prepped in advance.
Today another three coins to share with you from the advent coins I made for the swap.
This time there are a few new styles to share…
The first one is an ink smooshed background and an embossed reindeer and bold black numbers.
The next is using the pointsetta stamp but against a splattered background. I embossed it and then used distress oxide and a water brush to add colour.
The final one is using fresco finish paints and a stencil for the background. Then I added the white embossing.
See you in another few days with the next set of coins.
Three more of my advent coins to share with you today…
The green one is a duplicate of the one I made for day 1. And the blue one is similar to the one I made for day 3 although I changed the snowflake stamp and colour of the embossing.
Number 5 I took a different technique on. I used ink smooshing and some background stamping before adding the focal image of the pointsetta on either side of the coin. I like the bright white against the rustic red colour and the contrast of the embossed number in dark red.
Check back in a few more days to see the next set I created.
This year I’ve joined in with another advent project. Last year we made Twinchies, and this year it is coins!
As we’ve now passed the 3rd of December I am sharing the first three coins I made.
I cut the coins from mountboard and then decorated them a couple at a time and split them up over the sets so you will see some familiar designs every time I post a set.
The green one I used fresco finish paints and stencils to create the background. Then I used some stamps and white embossing for the number and the stars. I also added some white details using a posca paint pen.
The trees coin I also used the fresco finish paint for the background. Then I used the fresco paint to stamp the tree image. I used a blue embossing powder for the number, and finished the coin off by sponging the paint around the edge.
Finally the snowflake coin I went to town with layers of fresco paints and stencils. I also did lots of doodling before adding the snowflakes and the number with white embossing folder.
Check back in a few days to see the next set of coins I made!
I wanted to play with paints for this week’s CHNC challenge and Hazel had challenged us to make our own background.
So I created a green background with a few different colours of fresco finish paints and stamps and stencils. I also added some splashes and doodles.
Then for the focal I used some kraft cardstock and embossed the flower from a Creative Stamping magazine set. I also added the sentiment in white embossing. I then used mats and layers to build up the card.