So today I have a mammoth 12 ATCs to share that I made for a swap with the theme of Mixed Media! Of course I can’t make 12 all the same so I decided instead to go with six pairs.
So I cut some mixed media cardstock into six panels of 5 x 3.5 inches and then added either tissue paper, sewing pattern paper or wallpaper to each of them and added some gesso too.
This gave me the following six panels to work with…
I then worked on each of them at a time adding colour and texture.
This first one was the floral tissue paper that had come on an artful days goodie box and I added distress crayons over the gesso.
I then added some stamping using the badass chick stamps and a piece of the textured wallpaper in the centre. I then mixed some modelling paste with distress crayon and added it to the card through a stencil.
I left that to dry and moved onto the next card. This one had the sewing pattern paper on it. I added some book print and then distress stains. I love the different vibrancy as a result of the gesso and non gesso papers. I then got out the sewing machine to add some stitching for extra texture.
The next one was tissue paper from a shoe box which had some pattern and some numbers on it. I added blue gelatos to colour and then heat embossed the stars with white powder. Then I added pieces of a blue doily and some sequin waste using some blue staples. Finally I added some book print it had added colour to using distress oxides.
Right onto the next one…
This was some floral vintage style tissue paper. I added some red card that I had impressed a brickwork die onto but by the time I had added gesso over the top and Matte medium this had pretty mich disappeared. I then added some more colour using gelatos and then through a stencil I added some of the art alchemy paint in a pale pink colour. Finally I added two strips of wax paper that I used the sewing machine to adhere to the panel.
Next I had a bit of a heat him issue with! But still I love it!
I used some spotty tissue paper on this and after a very light coat of gesso I added some transparent glossy texture paste through a circles stencil.
This once dry added a lovely resist so then I added distress stain in blues and greens but when impatient for them to dry I took my heat tool to speed things up forgetting that the texture paste doesn’t play with heat so ended up making a bit of a mess of the circles which meant the ink did seem into them. Ah Well! Never mind. To add to the circle theme I wiped some of the ink away through another stencil and then added the Finnabair circle stamps.
Final one… I had added the textured wallpaper to this one in torn strips. I used the Paperartsy fresco finish paints to add the colour and then used the Art alchemy sparks paint to paint a piece of watercolour paper that I then die cut using a Tim Holtz die. After adhering this I added some text stamping using the Gummipan stamp.
So these were my six panels ready to make into ATCs. I took each panel and trimmed it to size and then started adding the rest of the pieces on to turn them into mini artworks. I used a mixture of stamps and embellishments to do this. And this is where they all got organised and adhered. Particularly like the Craft stamper Magazine star that Kim Dellow designed. And I hadn’t used the Clarity tangled heart in a long time!
Then it was time to finish each piece off.
The first panel I added the Badass chicks girl head stamp and gave her a body from book print. I coloured her with distress crayons and then added stickles to one set of the flowers and glossy accents to the other. I then chose some sentiments for the titles.
The next one I added some diecuts from craft foam and one of the stamped girls from the Stampin Up Beautiful You set. I also added a sentiment for each. Then on one I chose to add the glitter flakes and the other got a button.
I think this next set might be my favourite. I added some navy thread behind the stars that I stamped in distress oxide and heat embossed with clear powder. I then added some spots of glitter and on one of them I also added some tiny star sequins. I then added the sentiments.
I didn’t add much to these except two Gorjuss girls and Tim Holtz sentiment stickers.
I ended up adding some netting to these next ones and some more sewing. Then I added the star stamp which again was stamped with distress oxide and heat embossed. I then added the gems from the artful days goodie box. Then on the one on the left I added some of the blue stars and some glitter glue.
And the final set… I heat embossed the heart and then added distress oxides.
So happy with all of these and how I managed to make them all different!