Today I have 6 atcs to share which I’ve made for a swap where the rule is to use mainly one colour. I chose purple as my colour and made 6 different cards based on the same background.
I started with a piece of mountboard and added colour to it using a dry brush and my fresco finish paints and also using the Seth Apter printing technique to get a few layers into the background. Then I cut out the 6 atcs.
I know they look a little pink here but in natural light they are more purple.
Then I treated each of them differently to create the individual ATCs.
This first one I added the Postscript background stamp with white heat embossing and then the feather with purple embossing. I then added distress ink to add more colour to the feather area and add more focus.
Next is the Tim Holtz Crazy Bird. I coloured the bird with Distress inks and a waterbrush (Kassa style) and then cut it out. I added a layer of vellum underneath the bird which I raised up on foam pads to give it some dimension. For the background I added some stamping using the handcarved stamp and distress oxide which I added clear embossing to. I finished it off with some glossy accents for the the eyes.
Card number three I added a diecut hot air balloon. I die cut this from card I had coloured with distress inks and then paper pieced the white elements. Then added some wink of Stella and a little bit of pink to the heart. I raised this up onto foam tabs for dimension. The background I added lots of shimmer using mica and then heat embossed it in clear before I added some stencilled letters using the same purple paint and a Dylusions stencil.
Card 4… I stencilled using a darker purple the flower stencil and when that was dry I replaced the stencil and added the glitter paste. Kept it simple for this one as that glitter really does the job on making an impact!
Card 5… I decided to make a posy jar. I found some cute jar tags in my Artful Days goodie box stash and cut the top off so I could add my posy and then gave the kraft tag lots of layers of distress oxides. I stamped and die cut the Petal Palette flowers from some inked card and added more colour to the actual flowers using the inks. I also added distress inks and oxides onto the background which gave it a more watery look and a little bit of washi tape to added a different texture. I finished with the wink of Stella all over the jar and some white paint pen.
Final card… I added more stamping using distress oxides and the handcarved stamp in the background. Then I stencilled the oxides and heat embossed the stars. I loved the subtle texture this gave.
Then I added a Trish Latimer girl which I had coloured using the Paperartsy fresco finish paints and promarkers for her skin. I cut her out and added with foam tabs for dimension and then added glossy accents to the star.
So that’s all 6 cards…
Super happy with all of them! Hopefully the recipient likes them too!