Today I’ve combined Stampin up Sunday with my Uk Stampers forum tag for the month.
I wanted to use the Forever Fern stamps and coordinating dies and also the Lots to Celebrate for the jar.
I started by cutting a piece of watercolour card to size and then added ink direct from the ink pads as a background. Then I used the splatter stamp to add the Bermuda Bay splatters and then switched to my usual splatter technique for the rich razzleberry… water and a fan brush!
Next I had a stamping and die cutting session with the Forever Fern stamps and also did some of the dies that don’t match the stamps on a piece of whisper white I had watercoloured the Rich razzleberry ink on. The stamped images were in the Razzleberry and combinations of Coastal Cabana and Bermuda Bay.
I decided on the bouquet I wanted and then stuck it in place. Then stamped and punched the jar and added it with foam tape, wrapping some raffia around the jar.
Love how this came together…. beautiful colours. Added a ribbon from the stash for the top of the tag to finish off!
So I’m joining the team with a blog hop today showcasing summer themed projects. I decided to use the Jar of Flowers stamps, and a sneak peek of the stamps from the catalogue releasing next week… in this case … Lots to Celebrate and Peace & Joy.
Love how this card came out… now it is time to go hopping!
Hi there… another of my One Sheet Wonder bundles of cards. This time the focal images were all using the Jar of Flowers stamps and the Jar punch!
I started by stamping three of the flower bundles onto whisper white twice … once using memento ink and the next time using archival in grey. This was because I wanted to use both promarkers and the stampin write markers to see the different looks I could get with the different mediums.
Then I also stamped another in Versamark for the tulip image.
I decided to use the solid cardstock for the Jar for the tulip one… it just looked right with a painted jar.
This rose one I also chose the solid colour jar… I loved the sketchy look I got with the colouring.
Both of these cards I embossed the background with the retired decorative dots embossing folder.
This is probably my least favourite of the flower bunches… I’m not entirely sure how to colour the flowers…
I chose very different approaches with the colouring on these cards… one bright and one pastel.
I do love the sunflowers image … but then I love sunflowers. I think I prefer the colouring on this second one though.
I decided against cutting it out or adding it to a jar for this one.
Both these I also embossed the background with the Woodland embossing folder. The second one I did it upside down to ended up trimming the card and mounting it onto some leftover cardstock.
And finally back to the rose image and my favourite of the cards I made in this bundle.
I love the delicate colouring, the single panel of dsp, the die cut circle nd the decorative dots embossing. Love it!
Again most of the cards I’ve left off a sentiment and will add one once I know what I am using them for. The hello sentiment came from the Forever Fern set.
Ok… tomorrow I’m going to share the smaller of the bundles of cards I made… the ones using Birds and Branches. See you tomorrow.
So as I’ve rejoined Stampin Up I’ve already made new friends in the SU teams that I’ve joined. One of which, Karen, did a Facebook live and then her YouTube video of her One Sheet Wonder and I of course had to join in…
First decision was which paper to use. I didn’t actually have any current 12 x 12 paper as it’s so long since I’ve bought papers at this size… I still have a massive stash to work through so trying not to go for papers when I buy (even though they are some lovely looking ones!).
So I plumped for a yellow (I think it is so saffron) old style dsp and chose the striped side.
I then hunted through my cardstock for colours that would work with this… again I have a mish mash of old colours and they aren’t labelled as to which colour they are.. so I chose a couple of different yellows and a couple of greens.
I then made card blanks in smoky slate, basic grey, white and a couple of yellow ones too to mix up the blanks a little.
Right next to the cutting… here is the template Karen made for us to use…
As you can see it’s quite fiddly with lots of small bits and you have to be quite methodical in which you cut. I advise watching her video for the best instructions.
Here is mine cut out…
I then started pairing the papers with the card and cutting them out with a small border. Most pieces were cut about one quarter inch bigger to give a sense of the size of border. I did each of the pieces that were one a card design as one colour of mounting cardstock to make sure they looked uniform.
Then I started putting them with the card blanks. I didn’t adhere anything … just put them together.
Next I grabbed my stamps and started stamping and colouring and punching and die cutting till I had enough focal images for each of the cards.
I also did the same with some of the left over cardstock to create some stitched circles as they always look nice as background.
Then I started putting them together.
Some I added texture with embossing folders. I know some I used are old ones and one wasn’t a SU one but just adding some texture helped step up the card. I also added ribbon and gems and pearls and enamel accents…. all to add texture and some embellishment.
So here is my pic of all I made… but I will group them into stamp group for the next few blogs to share them all properly… after all 21 cards is a lot to blog in one go!
Really loved this One Sheet Wonder play… looking forward to grabbing more of my old DSP and doing something similar with it.