I am a little late with my blog post today for the CHNC challenge. Sorry! But better late than never the challenge is to use silver and I decided to use both some silver embossing powder and some silver sequins to decorate my green card!
I used some patterned paper and green cardstock mats and gave the paper and the cardstock a little bit of edging with ink and then embossed the sentiment from a magazine set straight into the paper and the tree onto some cardstock and raised it up on foam tape to give it some dimension.
Then I added the sequins as a scatter across the whole card. Now off I jog to see what the rest of the team made over at the blog.
Had fun with failed videos for today’s cardmaking video but got there on the third attempt… and as a result 4 cards got made!
Love using texture paste and brushos together… they create such beautiful shading and tonal colour… and these stencils from claritystamp are delightful.
Love how simple they were to finish into cute cards and how vibrant and jewel like the colours are.
Hope you enjoy the process video.
And here is a pic in daylight to show the true colours…
I’ve finally got round to blogging the cards I made during the class last month.
They ended up being a different colour to the original samples and I am super happy with them.
I slightly amended the designs on a few too.
Love this method of making cards.. . Such a fun way of doing it and keeping it all arty!
Tonight I’ve got some of my friends popping over to craft and we are going to create a masterboard and then use it to make some christmas cards. So one piece of white cardstock makes backgrounds for six cards, each finished off differently. In total I used 5 a4 sheets of white card stock and then paints, stamps, stencils and die cuts… and all just in a couple of hours… or at least that’s the plan!
Here was my masterboard for the samples…
Lots of lovely fresco finish paints!
And this is how I cut it to make a One sheet Wonder type of thing…
Once I had cut it I decided on how to put them onto the card blanks I had made.
Then I set to on decorating each of them.
1. I used the Card Builder dies from Stampin Up and added shimmer using my Wink of Stella pen.
2. Ornaments from Carols of Christmas heat embossed in white embossing powder on the small panel.
3. Die cuts from Tim Holtz and tag from Santa Builder die set.
4. First edition die cut trim and embossed the Carols of Christmas sentiment in blue.
5. Stamped and die cut the tree on a scrap piece I had used to add paint to the masterboard and then heat embossed it. Punched out and added to a stitched shape die cut.
6. First edition die cut wreath.
Love these arty cards. So much fun to make the masterboard and easy to finish them off!
Wonder how everyone tonight will get on. I love that every masterboard will be different and so they will no doubt make some different decisions.
Another lovely pair of ATC card toppers and then some more scraps cards using resist technique and pink and purple colours…
All of the backgrounds were created using an old Papermania background stamp and stamping in versamark and then heat embossing with white powder. I didn’t do a clean job of stamping it but it didn’t matter for the purpose of these backgrounds.
Once I had heat set the embossing I started added ink in bright pinks and purples using a mini round gelli plate. I love the effect this gave of overlapping the colours but keeping some defined edges a bit like patchwork.
I then cut them into panels… two ATCs and two squares.
The ATCs I made little embellishments from the Festival of Trees stamp set and matching punch.
For the squares I chose die cuts to add features. I also die cut a little bit of the inked paper left over using the swirly scribbles thinlits to provide the contrast swirls against the white card blanks.
I mounted the card toppers onto some pre embossed card blanks and added touches of glitter to finish.
Love love love these modern and fresh cards.
Yes I thought I would join in with the Christmas in July madness … but also enter the Paperartsy aqua challenge again… and make another YouTube!
So the plan is to make ATCs which will end up as card toppers for Christmas cards.
I started with a piece of card 6×11.75 inches and added the distress oxides (cracked pistachio and broken china) with a blending tool. Then added some water drops and lifted some colour. Next I added some stencilled elements. Then took another stencil and removed colour using water again.
Next more pattern using stamping using the Darcy Christmas stamps.
Then I cut up the panel into ATC panels. Then I added clear texture paste through a stencil and left them to dry.
Next step was to add some netting or some muslin and machine sewing to adhere them.
Finally embellishment and feature stamp time! First pictured are the stocking ones. I used a stamp from Creative Stamping magazine set and in one case I darkened it with some peacock feathers and the other I left white. The stamping was using Lost Lagoon SU ink.
The next are Woodware stamps… I love these modern deer. I used a mixture of watercolour and normal pencils to add colour.
And finally (I couldn’t not do a tree based one!) Festival of Trees and embossing to create the last two.
Super happy with these and in total (without drying time) they took about an hour. So that’s 6 card individual arty card toppers made in an hour towards the Christmas batch. Not bad!
Yes this card was made because I found a punched out tree when trying to tidy my desk… so I made a card with it!
I made one too many trees for another project and must have left it on my desk as a result…. so grabbed two pieces of Cherry cobbler DSP and some green cardstock to make this card.
Easy as …