This month I had fun with shaving foam to create a background for my postcard for the UK stampers forum swap.I chose this red and pink print I made using alcohol ink and the shaving foam. Then I stamped the Gorjuss Girl on to it.
I then paper pieced the girl onto separate card and glued it onto the card.
Next I added the edge stamping and the sentiment. Then I thought it needed sealing so it could go through the post. So I added three layers of clear embossing. Then mounted it onto navy cardstock.Love how this looks.
Hello! This week Hazel has challenged us to use non traditional colours for our Christmas card make for the CHNC blog.
This is what I came up with…
I used some papers I had had for a long time in the stash that are pink and lime and then added this fun embossed image.
I brushed over the image with my clarity stencil brush to define the image.
I also added an embossed sentiment from Blonde moments and the peel off strips to add a different texture.
So this fortnight the challenge is nail polish technique. Now this was new to me but great fun!
I started with shaving foam in an old canvas and then dropped in some nail varnish, one of which is shimmery. Then I pulled some prints…Love the marbled and random effects…I decided to use the prints as a background and to paper piece a Gorjuss girl.I coloured her with promarkers and chose promarkers to edge the panels too.Love the shimmer in the nail polish paper. So cool!
Finished off with some card candi, some gifted die cuts and a butterfly and some Tranquil Tide cardstock.Still got some prints left to play with on another day, so will no doubt share what I do with them when I get round to using them!
On days like today I’m grateful for having prepped some blog posts ahead of time. I’ve been ill for the past few days and crafting and blogging have not been an option… so sorry for being AWOL! Anyways…
For Christmas I gave my parents and my auntie a calendar I had made with a postcard sized piece of art on each month… so today I am sharing their June artwork.
I spotted the bright papers in my stash of scraps and decided they would make some perfect border papers. So first I painted the background using Bourganvillia fresco finish paint.
Then I created a border using the scraps of paper. Next I masked them off again to stamp in the background with the Jofy stamp… should have done this before the border was adhered…. would have been so much easier.
Next I added the black border around each bit of the border. I then heat embossed onto the plaid paper the Jofy stamp. I then added shading to it and some white highlights.
Then I added the flower and added more shading so it looks dimensional.
I then heat embossed the sentiment on to the black card and added it.
Love these funky and modern panels.
I am very late with this one… it should have been finished two days ago and shared yesterday… ooops… better late than never though!
The theme for this fortnight at Back to Basics and Beyond challenge blog is Triple stamping and I hadn’t done this for a while.
I used a background stamp and my stamp positioner (platform) for mine.
First I cut the papers and the mats for each layer. Then I stamped just the paper.
I chose to use a few shades of the teal ink for my card.
Then I layered them up.
I decided to finish with the Petal Palette flower image, a band of pink cardstock and a pink card blank I made.
I also added the light turquoise sequins.
Love how the bold background is softened by the image.
This evening I am going to celebrate the marriage of Jayne (one of my raggy doll sisters) and Simon along with a few of my other raggy doll sisters. I can’t wait!
So as by this time I will be partying this is a scheduled post to show you the card I made.
I chose to use Spellbinders dies for the background and then Stampin Up Petal Palette stamps and dies for the floral elements and the Mr and Mrs stamp again from Stampin Up. I kept to a soft pink colour palette using two tones of pink cardstock and watercolouring the flowers which I had embossed in the champagne embossing powder.
I gave the elements some dimension with foam tabs and added some dots of liquid pearls around the focal images.
Love how this all looked. The inside of the card is similar but a lot more simple…
Leaving me plenty of room for my message of love to the happy couple!
So happy for Jayne and Simon. May they enjoy a lifetime of happiness together.