So I signed up to do a till roll swap. Rule was to make 3 foot long strips of artwork using the till roll. So here is what I made…
I did lots of stamping and used washi tape. I also added small bits of text print, raffle tickets, stamped sentiments and some correction tape and posca pens.
I added the main feature of the images which I actually received in a swap and some Paperartsy fresco finish paint. Then I used some foiling which I hadn’t used in ages so that we fun and pens for doodling.
Then I did a bit of hand sewing on each to add texture…. this you have to be gentle with or choose areas where there are other layers adhered to strengthen.
I also used my heat tool to make the thermal roll react which creates such a cool effect.
Yesterday I shared the “scraps” from this project… Today I share the actual project.
My friend Chris who runs the Mini Marvels group suggested something a bit different for a swap… we were to make Russian art dolls which was inspired by some thing she saw on Instagram.
I knew I wanted to join in immediately! I started by creating a batch of gelli prints at random … no rhyme nor reason to the colours or patterns I used. Just played!
Some of the papers I chose were plain paper, some were book print or patterned.
I then created a template for the base and cut them from mountboard.
My mountboard cutting skills are not good so each one ended up as an individual but hey ho! They were roughly the same size and shape so they would do! I decided to paint them with black gesso front and black.
Next I decided to add stamping and mark making to the gelli prints before I cut into them. A relaxing 30 mins went by in no time just doodling and adding random additional patterns with posca pens in pink, blue, white and black.
Next I decided to make one doll as a trial… and I needed to decide on a face. I tried a few different ones but settled on this one from my Badass artchick stamps. Love the funky look!
So first one made it was time to cover the other dolls in prints and start layering up.
I also added more stamping and doodling. The stamp set the face was taken from also included a stamp with the words
I decided this would be added to each of the dolls as well as used on the back of each doll in some way. Wondering if you can spot it on all the dolls?
I then gave each doll a coat of glossy mod podge to seal and protect the papers and the doodles and added the pearl gem to the hair flower to finish off!
Once they were dry I added black gesso to the edge and covered any messes I created on the back with more gesso before I added stamping and details to the backs of the dolls.
The dolls have now been split into three pairs. One pair for me to keep, and two pairs have gone to their new homes.
Loved this challenge. Well done Chris on suggesting it and of course credit to @catherinescraftcorner on Instagram for the inspiration.
This was a piece of book print on which I added lots of distress oxides keeping to the lime and the blue. I really love twisted citron.
I used stamping and added water to blend the colours.
I then added the stamped floral image from Alpaca Pals. I used a Pitt pen in grey to add shading to the image which gave it some more emphasis. I then added the sentiment to the card blank and some gems for added bling.
This is also using the twisted citron distress oxide for the background. I added stencilling and stamping.
I then added the stamped fabric panel, a painted canvas tag and the embossed butterfly embellishment.
Love these two twisted oxide dominated cards.
And here are the daylight photos to show the colours properly…
Hello… me again… more cards from the basket challenge…
This started life as a gelli print, as did the second card I am sharing and both of them I used Kim Dellow stamps as the focal points.
I used a layer of stamping onto the gelli print background… and then added the set of funky flowers. I also stamped the flowers onto book print and then coloured them using the brushos. I made sure that they were highly pigmented to create the really intense colour.
More posca pen doodling also added to the panel to create a frame.
I also added the little canvas tag and some twine to finish off.
Here is a better picture in daylight…
This second one I added some stencilling, to which I added doodling and I used the same trick of adding the flower heads as another layer of book print coloured with brushos.
This time the tag is a corrugated card one I coated with blue paint and added some embossing too.
I needed to add posca pen to the flowers too to ensure they had the same impact as the doodled stencilling.
And again another picture in daylight…
So that’s half the cards I made shared… Will share more again in a few days.
More of the cards I made crafting out of one basket of supplies.
This one was lots and lots of layers of paint and then after stamping the flower I created a mask and overstamped using black versafine the Badass artchick stamp which gave a fab background. I decided the flower needed to look different though so stamped it onto bookprint and used the brushos to colour it.
Once dry I fussy cut it out and added it to the card and added posca pen doodles.
I kept the card quite simple as it was such an intense background and focal image so just added doodled lines.
The next one I took the same image and made a very different looking card.
This time i stamped the image onto a piece of paper I had been using to add paint to the previous background. It was originally a piece of map paper so very smooth and originally glossy.
I again added posca doodles.
I chose to add it to a piece of card I had simply stamped one background stamp on and then edged.
To the card I then added some embellishments… a little corrugated tag, and some chipboard hearts I had given the embossing powder treatment using the Deep sea baked texture embossing powder.
A much more simple card but equally fun using the large flower image from Jofy.