Last month for the Uk stampers forum I made this postcard.I really wanted to use the Tracey Day Alpaca Pals stamps again but this time used all the elements type stamps, the sentiments and the hearts rather than the cute animals.
As my focal image I chose a Badass artchick stamp instead which I stamped and embossed on bookprint and added a little watercoloured ink.
The background was a blend of Lucky Clover and Cracked Pistachio distress ink and the stamping was a mix of different archival and distress inks.
Over at artful ATCs there is a Frida Kahlo swap which I’ve joined in with.
These are the two I made.
The first one uses stamps from Badass artchick stamps and the second I did my own version of a Kahlo portrait.
Both of them were backgrounds with fresco finish paints and the one on the left I stamped and embossed the leaves with distress oxide and to add colour to the portrait and the stamped image I added both fresco finish paints and oxides.
Love how they both came out… even if my sketchy portrait isn’t brilliant I think she is still recognisable.
Thought I had left music themed art behind after last month’s coin swap but the theme for this month’s atc swap at UK stampers forum is “Music to my ears” so out came the music images again.
But I kept with the theme I had used for the other swap items this month with both the colour scheme and the use of Badass artchick stamps.
I did however have to use some Creative Stamping magazine stamps for the focal image and the sentiment and the Sheet Music stamp for the background.
I also kept to the idea of using the shrink plastic for the sentiment. It’s such a cool substrate to use and be able to fit larger sentiments onto these smaller pieces of artwork.
I created backgrounds with the oxides and water to create some fun backgrounds. Sheet music was then stamped using the faded jeans ink. Then the pieces of glossy cardstock with the oxides on for the topper. I sewed these pieces into place to add texture and heat embossed the focal image on.
And this rounds up all the September swaps for UK stampers forum… And they look so fun as a collection…
So after blogging about the coins I made last night I had a realisation … the swap was to send the three coins to the same person … And I had made three the same (very very very similar!) So I needed to make a few more so that the recipient had a set of similar but not the same coins!
So I made three more … because yes I didn’t think that I only needed 2 and 1 original! Doh! (Little note to explain I’m not feeling 100% at the moment and hence the complete lack of brains!).
I kept to the same idea and colours and to the same stamp company although I did switch sets of stamps… but all were the Badass artchick ones! And I kept to the faces as the images.
I realised whilst making them I would only need two so I reserved the other for another project I will share on another day.
So the good news from this blog post … I realised before it was too late and could correct my mistake… I have two coins for trading which aren’t already destined for a partner … So if you fancy a trade let me know… the third coin worked perfectly for the other project I have coming up… And I can enter thePaperartsy blog challenge again!
So even massive brain fog issues can result in good news! Ha ha ha!
Catherine (sloping off to bed to rest the brain cell now x)