I am always super happy to receive Happy mail so I included some in this page in my Smile themed altered Lafybird Book journal…
I followed a couple of tutorials Lisa from Lollipop Box Kit had put on the patron group with pockets and faux stitching and incorporated them into these pages and then included tags and artwork from various swaps I’ve received over the years.
I also included the stamped Happy from Happy celebrations and the post stamp from Carrabelle to finish off the pages.
Today I am sharing a couple of junk journal envelope pockets that I’ve made for a swap… I also made one for my journal, but I will share that another time.
Here is the first one I made… with Paris and flowers and Monet as the inspiration.
The starting point was the pretty peach envelope and then some floral paper from the stash. I also found some scraps of other papers that went well with the colours. Then I chose some French postage stamps and that made me go with the Paris theme. The quote was already printed out and so I just needed to cut it up and ink it. I created a little folded area and on the back panel I used an eiffel tower die cut to draw the shape and watercoloured it with black watercolour pencil. I then found the printed sentiment and thought it worked well.
Inside I made a little card and carried on the theme with the flowers and bookprint, also adding the strip of gold ribbon and another quote.
The reverse of the pocket I used these monet themed papers and some bits from a magazine and the die cut I was gifted in a swap to create the floral cover.
The reverse of the card I went with more of the monet themed paper and sentiments and stickers and a bit of the leftover envelope to keep the colour theme going.
I also added the little punched heart that was on the desk.
The second envelope pocket started with lots of stamps and bookprint…
I went with a postal themed pocket and the kraft section with the envelopes opens up to show underneath but I forgot to take a pic.
For the card in the pocket created by the envelope I added the piece of gelliprint I had embossed and added it using stitching, again with a bit of the gold ribbon.
The reverse of the card I added inking and the cute Dylusions dog stamped image.
The actual envelope I used had some lovely pattern to it. I decided to cover the very obvious picture of a Swan which I wasn’t keen on using and used some patterned paper, and book print. I then used a printed image I had been gifted as the main focal image.
Hopefully the recipient likes and can make use of the pockets in their junk journals.