This month I joined in another swap over at postcard art Facebook group and the theme was butterflies… so of course Swallowtail had to come out to play!
I started by heat embossing it with a dark red/brown embossing powder onto the mountboard panel. Then added colour to the butterfly using a mix of Aged Mahogany, worn lipstick and Fossilized Amber distress oxide. After a few layers of the oxide applies with a water brush I then also added the fossilized amber to the rest of the background and flicks of the aged mahogany. I heat embossed the sentiment from Crafters Companion and also edged the card too with archival inks. I then added a generous amount of wink of Stella to the butterfly.
Then to seal I heat embossed the whole panel with clear embossing. I did this several times especially over the butterfly. This gave it a smoother feel in the centre.
Hopefully from the close up you can see the smooth texture and some of the shimmer to the butterfly.
Love how this came out and very tempted to make another to keep. Hope the recipient likes it too.
Tonight I have three ATCs which started as a bit of playtime with some book print and Inktense black watercolouring. I adhered the book print to a piece of cardstock to give it strength and coated it with Matt medium. Then started adding lots of water and Inktense colour using a brush. I dried it a couple of times to add layers and then added lots of flicks of colour too plus some splashes of pink shimmer spray.
Once it was completely dry I cut it into three ATCs in landscape.
I added a scrap of patterned paper from the stash and then started stamping. I used the petal palette stamp set for the image and although I changed the position for each one I kept to the same image. I used the stamping platform to ensure I could make the image darker. I then added a little colour using some distress oxide water coloured. I then added the sentiment heat embossed from a Crafters Companion stamp set and then edged them with the distress oxides.
Love how these came out and the soft finish to the background I made.
The theme for this month’s swap at UK stampers is florals so going to be swapping these lovely ATC through that swap.
Happy crafting! Catherine
I’ve never made inchies before but joined in on a swap to make six. When it got to the point of cutting them to size (1″x1″) I was shocked as to how small they actually are. I know that sounds strange but it was only when I had cut them did I realise that the size was quite restrictive.
Anyway I started with my Distress oxides and some scraps of mixed media cardstock.
I did two different colour palettes and then cut three from each.
Now for the stamping. I chose a stamp set from Crafters Companion and chose a couple of stamps that fit the small space!
I chose to emboss the image with gold embossing powder. Then I edged each tile with sepia archival ink.
Love how these turned out but not sure that inchies are my thing. Think I’ll stick to atcs as my mini artworks from now on!