Carabelle Studio, Darkroom Door, Distress oxide ink, Flowers for every season, Junk Journal 2021, Ribbons, Tap tap tap, Washi tape

Pockets for junk journals

Today I am sharing a couple of junk journal envelope pockets that I’ve made for a swap… I also made one for my journal, but I will share that another time.

Here is the first one I made… with Paris and flowers and Monet as the inspiration.

The starting point was the pretty peach envelope and then some floral paper from the stash. I also found some scraps of other papers that went well with the colours. Then I chose some French postage stamps and that made me go with the Paris theme. The quote was already printed out and so I just needed to cut it up and ink it. I created a little folded area and on the back panel I used an eiffel tower die cut to draw the shape and watercoloured it with black watercolour pencil. I then found the printed sentiment and thought it worked well.

Inside I made a little card and carried on the theme with the flowers and bookprint, also adding the strip of gold ribbon and another quote.

The reverse of the pocket I used these monet themed papers and some bits from a magazine and the die cut I was gifted in a swap to create the floral cover.

The reverse of the card I went with more of the monet themed paper and sentiments and stickers and a bit of the leftover envelope to keep the colour theme going.

I also added the little punched heart that was on the desk.

The second envelope pocket started with lots of stamps and bookprint…

I went with a postal themed pocket and the kraft section with the envelopes opens up to show underneath but I forgot to take a pic.

For the card in the pocket created by the envelope I added the piece of gelliprint I had embossed and added it using stitching, again with a bit of the gold ribbon.

The reverse of the card I added inking and the cute Dylusions dog stamped image.

The actual envelope I used had some lovely pattern to it. I decided to cover the very obvious picture of a Swan which I wasn’t keen on using and used some patterned paper, and book print. I then used a printed image I had been gifted as the main focal image.

Hopefully the recipient likes and can make use of the pockets in their junk journals.

Entering this into the Anything Goes challenge at Crafty Creations

Happy crafting!

Catherine

Alcohol Inks, Darkroom Door, Gorjuss, Promarkers, Letraset

Shaving foam postcard

This month I had fun with shaving foam to create a background for my postcard for the UK stampers forum swap.I chose this red and pink print I made using alcohol ink and the shaving foam. Then I stamped the Gorjuss Girl on to it.

I then paper pieced the girl onto separate card and glued it onto the card.

Next I added the edge stamping and the sentiment. Then I thought it needed sealing so it could go through the post. So I added three layers of clear embossing. Then mounted it onto navy cardstock.Love how this looks.

Happy crafting!

Catherine

Darkroom Door, Distress oxide ink, Masks/Stencils, Mediterranean Moments, Tim Holtz

Distress oxide class

Tonight I’m welcoming friends to my house to play with distress oxide inks. I am in love with these inks and am sure they will love them too! 

Here are the samples I have made for the class … 

Distress background technique….

Watercolouring…. 

Blending and splatters…

Stencilling…. 

Heat emboss resist…

Yes of course I couldn’t resist adding an ATC into the mix.  A fairly ambitious set of projects for a couple of hours but hopefully we will get there fairly easily. 

Will post with the results of the class another day! 

Happy crafting! 

Catherine 

Butterfly, Canvas and Mixed Media art, Darkroom Door, fresco finish paints, Paperartsy, Promarkers, Letraset

Lindsay Mason ATC swap – masquerade 

Oh my …. my blog was mad busy yesterday… maybe i should write about strictly more often! Ah well back to the usual sedate number of visitors today I suspect. I’m actually off work today with the poorly princess who is sporting a high temperature and horrible cough. Hopefully a day of snoozing and snuggles and she will be on the mend quickly.  So I can at least blog early on in the day.

I missed a month or so of Lindsay Masons ATC swap but I joined in again in September and here are my ATC’S with the theme of masquerade.

The first one I used a scrap of corrugated card that I distressed, gessoed and painted with fresco finish paints.  I used some stamps to add pattern and then added the Byron quote.  The butterfly was painted and then has some shimmery ink added on top to make it shine.  I mounted it onto a white ATC and then doodled to finish it off.

The second is a simple quote stamped (darkroom door) then onto an acrylic ATC I stamped the Paperartsy Hot Picks image in stayzon. I then added some colour to the back using Promarkers. 

Then I fixed them together with a little bit of sewing.  

The third one… 

The background was made with paints, mainly fresco finish paint. I used stamps and stencils to create the patterns. 

I then hand drew the masquerade mask in black Indian ink. Then I added the glass gel bead medium to it carefully so that it was only on the mask.  Once it dried this created a lovely texture and shine for the mask. 

Loved making these.  Looking forward to seeing what I get in return. 

I am also entering this last one into the More Mixed Media Challenge as I’ve used orange in the background of the ATC. 


Happy crafting!

Catherine