This month there was a new swap arranged for UK stampers … to decorate a tag. I chose to do one of my black tags. Although there is very little black by the end.
Gesso brushed roughly on the tag to provide a good prime for the surface and then added some distress oxide in blues and greens.
I stamped the Dictionary background randomly all over and then the Everything Eleanor swirl. I also added some stencilling with a Paperartsy stencil.
I then grabbed some scraps of paper and added paint and ink and then added it to the tag. Onto this I stencilled the iridescent medium triangles.
The main feature is the heat embossed post & butterfly stamp panel (an old Craft stamper freebie stamp) which I coloured using distress stains. The sentiment is a finnabair one. I did lots of doodling and outlining and then added some fun pieces of trim and ribbon to finish off.
Such fun to make.
Today the princess went to the birthday party at a trampoline park for a school friend so a card was required. I decided to play with butterflies, masking and the big Woodware Happy Birthday stamps.
I used distress oxides to watercolour the butterflies and the letters. Then I stamped the little star using the same colour inks. I then added some stickles to both the butterfly and the stars.
Hope the birthday girl enjoyed her birthday… I know the princess enjoyed her time trampolining!
And another YouTube video done!
Feeling more confident with the app to edit the video now and hopefully this makes sense.
And here are pics of what I made at the end of the video…
Not quite got round to sticking the last one down yet and think it needs a layer of something before I do.
Anyways … check out the video to see how I made these and if you enjoy it, give it a thumbs up!
Tonight I have friends coming round for some crafting time and the theme for tonight was Gelli plate play!
I must admit I struggled with this … I love Gelli plate play but designing a class is quite difficult as the results can be so unpredictable… so after an hour I had a floor full of painted paper and still not many ideas.
Then I got the ink out and suddenly got inspired …
They are just waiting for sentiments to be added.
And then back to the paint versions… there is this paper I made and it took me a while to work out what to do with it.
Obviously I could always cut it up for ATC’S… but wasn’t convinced that was what I wanted to do!
So I have a few ideas but the main this is producing something like this…. you will have to wait till tomorrow to see what I came up with though!
I caught up with a few random ATC’S last weekend…. no themes… just playing with bits and pieces on the desk!
Texture paste and stencilling and bistre powder and gilding wax… interesting combo!
Gelli print on book print and a Crazy cat Coloured with Spectrum noir pencils! Fun!
Painty background, stamping and some opal magic paint highlights.
Same as above! Just different stamping.
Mish mash of backgrounds and techniques finished with heat embossing.
A gorgeous butterfly embellishment I received in a swap with a few layers underneath.
More embossing on painty layers.
A fun flower on a Gelli print background.
A piece of master board I created for a circle journal finishes with a rub on doodled flower.
Paint and tissue and stamping … oh and a butterfly …. what more could you want? Love these Finnabair stamps.
That’s me for today… another 10 for the tally… all of which listed onto swap sites so who knows where they will end up?!?
I’ve been participating in a few random atc swaps over the past few weeks … all part of keeping my inspiration going for this 365 challenge. Now is the time to share some of these…
This is the first one… the theme was monsters!
I used the Make a monster Stampin Up stamps and scratch paper and distress stain, clear glossy texture paste and a whole host of different random mediums to create this cool atc. Fun!
I also made this second one for the same event…
For this one I used the cute digital stamp from All dressed up and coloured them with distress inks. Then tore it out and layered onto a prepared atc which had tissue paper and black gesso on it. I then edged it with embossing powder to give it a metallic finish. I love how cool this looks.
The next challenge I joined in was a purple themed one… I did share a couple of ATC’S I made for this a few weeks ago but I also made this one…
This was a piece of cardstock I painted with the deco arts fluid acrylic paint and some white Dylusions paint. I added some tissue paper and some scraps of white paper to the base and then stamped and embossed around the edges.
I added the finnabair butterfly (my princess actually coloured this is for me) and then the sentiment. I added some Inktense to edges and to define the features.
And another one for the purple on purple swap… I used scratch paper and Inktense pencils and the fab art alchemy paints to create this and then used a piece of book print as the base.
Finally I have two cards made for the #52cafecards challenge…. eclipse and folk art.
This was so satisfying and easy to make. Black gesso on the base with white gel pen and then torn black cardstock with silver paint wiped on the rip. Then a sticker circle and the words. Done!
And the folk art below was hand drawn using pictures on the Internet as inspiration and the painted with the art alchemy paints then doodled over the top. Fun and shiny!
OK so I think that’s the random ones caught up for now!