Today I have another set of twinchies to share that I made for a Facebook group.
The theme was Under the Sea. I started with watercolour paper and added layers of distress oxide. Then I started stamping with the For the Love of Stamps set. I added the feature images with black soot oxide and then added some clear emboss on then to give them shine.
Then I finished off with a coat of normal distress ink to give it more depth.
Mounted them onto cardstock to send to the recipient.
Love the colour variation with the oxides in the background.
So those twinchies I made as extras in the swap and blogged about a couple of days ago … well I had a panel of the background I had made leftover and didn’t want it to go to waste so turned it into a card!
I used the jazz men to stamp along the panel and then edged it with the oxide. Once stuck down I stamped the sentiment and the little music flourish to finish off.
Simple but effective and a classy card for my parents stash!
I also did a little bit of stamping on the inside!
I am so grateful for the lovely artists joining in the Artist Trading coin swap I organise so I try to include a little card when sending them back. Last month I included a twinchie which was music themed!
I took a piece of cardstock that already had some inks applied and added more distress oxides. Then I stamped in distress oxide the Sheet Music background stamp from Stampin Up.
Then I cut the card into 1.75inch squares. I edged them with grey archival and did the same with the coloured card twinchies I had cut.
Then onto the inked panels I added the image and sentiment from For the Love of stamps set. I do love these jazz stamps.
Once they were all stamped I added versamark and clear emboss as a coat to the panels and adhered them to the twinchies. I love the finish when they’ve been embossed.
So there you go… 12 inchies as thank you for joining in with the swap!
But it didn’t stop there … as there were an additional 5 joining in the swap so I had to make 5 more!
I kept them similar but not the same! I cut the panels a little smaller and edged in the faded demin distress oxide. But otherwise very similar!
So yesterday I shared the masterboard I made last weekend (not this past weekend … I was at CarFest so no crafting was done!). Well I’ve now made two atcs which are part of the #52playingcardchallenge I’ve been doing and got rather behind on… so glad I’m starting to catch up again!
First up is this … “all that sparkles” contribution which I added some embossing to, glitter paper, and the fab sax from the all that jazz set I’ve been using quite a bit in the last month.
Next… using the same masterboard background… is this “the photograph” card…
I mean how different does that look? Amazing what adding a little distress ink can do!
So there you go … Two very different ATCs from the same masterboard and two cards in catch up for the challenge!
So I loved those jazz ATCs I shared yesterday I decided to make a piece for my journal using two of the mop up pieces I had left from making the masterboards … and chose to use the jazz men as the focal point!
I stamped the men several times using the platform to make sure they were very black before adding clear embossing powder to them. Then cut the panel down.
I then edged the panel with the black soot oxide ink and then cut the other panel down so it was bigger and edged that too. Then glued them together.
I decided to make this into a tip in in my Dylusions journal so found another slightly larger piece of cars and used the strong tape to adhere it into the journal. Then I covered it in black gesso so it made a good background before I stuck this panel to it.
I also added the little fabric tab at the top for some added fun.
And here it is in the journal opposite a very different page but one I also love!
Tonight I have ATCs made from the masterboards I made in the last couple of videos and I am so happy with what I made from these!
Love that they became one set even though they started as two very different backgrounds.
And once again a video of the process is available here.