Today I’ve got a painty postcard I made for this month’s swap at UK stampers forum.
I started with a black gesso covered piece of greyboard. Then I added some layers of fresco finish paints using a brayer.
Then it was time to add some stamping. The Gummipan text stamp and the Stampendous swirls were stamped.
I then added pen work round the swirls and some outlines.
Next I stamped and embossed the sentiment using word stamps from Claritystamps. I decided to add some dots in the contrasting colour paint using the end of a paint brush.
Love how this came out. A nice arty postcard.
A few days ago I shared a card for the Back to Basics and Beyond challenge blog where the challenge is to use a Spray.
Well once my hands were stained from one lot of Dylusions ink I might as well make another card!
This time I used the reds and pinks and yellows (it also had a little of the teal it picked up from a stencil!).
This time I used water to ghost the ink and create a subtle pattern in the background.
I then did some stamping using the Gummiapan text stamp, the Timeless Textures, the Be Crafty Banksy inspired stamp and some Alpaca Pals text stamps.
You can’t see it too well on the picture but I also sprayed the resist spray and added some embossing powder to it on one side through a stencil. It didn’t work out well but it adds some fun texture regardless.
I added lots of marks using black and white pens and I love this urban graphic themed card.
So it’s the day of Cupid so it is time to share the card I made for the hubby…
I decided to go with this cute digital stamp image and washi tape for the background. Then stamped hearts and the sentiments to frame the cluster. I then heat embossed the sentiment onto black cardstock.
I added some dots of enamel accents to finish off.
Decided as it will be Valentine’s day this week that love themed seemed appropriate for the UK stampers forum inchies this month.
I used little Gummiapan stamps amd archival ink to stamp them and then used distress inks in worn lipstick and wilted violet.
Then I finished them off with the spectrum noir sparkle pen to add the gold shimmer.
So a cute set of simple inchies this month.
Hi… another coin video for you to see… and more for the theme of play as I got a little carried away and fancied making more!
So this time robots, spaceships and toy cars are the feature images and the colour scheme is blues and greens… I started with a masterboard.
And then die cut it and moved it onto the features.
Here are the finished articles…
Really cute! Love these so much and love the fact making a masterboard like this gives you the easy option of making multiples… and I also have an ATC background too to finish at another time.
I promised to share the cards I made for the birthday girl and her twin brother once they had been handed over… And so here they are.
Hannah loves dancing and so I thought this Visible Image stamp, with the little dancing people from a Creative Stamping magazine set worked well with lots of layered Distress Oxides worked well for a funky card.
I also added some splashes of shimmer on the background but that’s not visible on the photo.
There is also plenty of shine as I stamped the main image in versafine and then clear heat embossed it.
Matthew’s card has a similar vibe… albeit smaller!
The skater image is a Gummiapan stamp and the tyre tracks on the background are from a Creative Stamping magazine set. Again I heat embossed the image and then went to town on the distress oxides choosing blues and black soot for the colour scheme.
I decided to give the impression of a ramp for the skater using the sentiment stamp.
Even though this is only a 4×4 card it has plenty of impact with the graphic image and the layered oxides.
And so whilst I have a house full of girls (who are incredibly noisy!) it’s now time for me to put my feet up and relax as I’ve fed them and done the whole cake thing! Wonder if any of us get any sleep tonight.
I’m still going with the 31 days of gel printing challenge over on Instagram. Here are days 3-5.
Day 3: stencils
So I decided to change things up a little and use ink instead of paint for this… Love the funky nature of this print using just two stencils and three different distress ink colours.
Day 4: texture
Still going with ink and this is using the Marbled stamp to create a delicate texture for this print.
Day 5: crayon resist
This was another ink experiment which although it didn’t exactly go to plan still ends up as a fun result. I did 2 layers of gel printing using inks and some punched circles. I then used a crayon to outline the circles and add a line between them before adding another layer of ink. The above picture shows the result.
So now to turn them into something. Well I decided to make some more little hello cards from them.
I added white paint pen marks to this one to brighten the resist elements. Then I added the stamped and embossed image of the typewriter from Tap Tap Tap stamps and added some watercoloured shading. A graphic and fun card.
I kept with a delicate theme for this and stamped the beautiful Petal Palette roses and then paper pieced them before adding additional details in watercoloured ink. I added the sentiment using some alpha stamps.
I decided that this needed some doodling and then a die cut circle in calypso coral helped to tie the colour scheme together. Next I took a die cut butterfly from the stash of gifted bits and pieces and using Seth Apter embossing powders I used the watercolour wings stamps to add colour and texture. I also finished off with some black glossy embossing too. Then added the cute little hello stamp from Gummiapan and some more doodling around the panel.
Love all three of these. And fun to try new techniques like the crayon resist too.