This month the theme over at my Artist Trading Coins UK swaps group is “the eyes have it”.
And this is what I made….
I used the a text stamp and some grey paint for the background and then edged the coins with the same grey. Then I stamped the faces using Jane Davenport stamps and drew in the hair.
Next I watercoloured the faces using stampin write markers. I love how different choice of colours for the hair and eyes changes the faces.
Next I added the Tim Holtz stickers to finish off.
Love how these finished up.
Once again Royal Mail managed to lose some post… and this time it was Liz whose coins never made it to my house… so as I was partnered in another swap with her I made a couple of face themed coins to send along with the other items I was sending… as a RAK for missing out on the coin swap.
I started with a piece of mountboard i had added some leftover paint to and then built up more and more layers using both a gelli plate and stamps and a brayer. Then I cut out the coins.
I used some Jane Davenport face builder stamps to create the faces and then created hair. The one on the left was paper pieced hair that I then painted over. The one on the right I just painted straight on.
Then I added the midnight paint to the background. I added a little shading with a Pitt big brush pen and then stamped the words onto each.
Super happy with how these came out. Such clever stamps as they do the difficult work for you!
And this was my day 11 for #31productchallenge… fresco finish paints!