One of my circle journal friends son turned 13 last week so I made him a card … I made it as part of my #31productchallenge and it was fun to get something out of the cupboard I have not used for a long time! Derwent ArtBars.
They are a bit like more solid distress crayons or creamier Neocolor crayons as a watercolour pigment stick.
I created a background using them and my finger and a bit of water to blend.
Then I wet a kaisercraft stamp with a spray and swiped with the artbar which created a nice wet ink to stamp with.
Once it was dry I added it to a card front and then added some embellishments (Sam likes his golfing apparently) and some stamping. I then finished off with some doodling with a white pen.
Fun to play with these sticks… might keep them on my desk for some more background making… I’m contemplating a few masterboard makes to get some of the Christmas cards started soon and thinking these might come in handy to use for a change.
Love that this challenge has made me make a different choice from my usual go to supplies. Wonder what else I will discover in my stash this month!
And of course it’s big happy 13th birthday to Sam x
So the lesson I followed for the page I am sharing was definitely more of a challenge to me … loose and free drawing and mixed media art.
The teacher was Iris Fritschi-Cussens and she advised imperfect drawings of faces and people for your page along with the horizon to ground the figure… well I’m not sure I got this but I am happy with my page.
I particularly enjoyed the freedom of letting go and seeing what I actually draw… along with the very rough way of applying the colour in the background, mixing watercolour over the acrylics.
So another fun page for the Art Journal Summer School… and thanks Iris for the lesson.
Today I have a half finished job to share… I made a masterboard and then cut it into pieces ready for Artist Trading Coins, Artist trading cards and Inchies. Perfectly good fun!
Want to see it? Pop over to YouTube here and then pop back tomorrow to see the finished coins!
Another of the massive set of gelli print ATCs used from before Christmas.
This just needed a little bit of embellishment and I chose to do some stamped feathers and some doodles around the edge.
Another ATC made using a brushos background as the starting point. And another Santoro stamp.
The green and blue strip I over stamped with a grey ink and the kaisercraft stamp.
I then added two strips of patterned paper left from an Artful Days goodie box.
I then added the stamped girl image which I had coloured using brushos … I had them out on the desk so it seemed the best option!
Love how this came out. May have to use this image more often as I often bypass her!
I’ve realised I never got round to sharing what we did actually make at the gelatos session on Tuesday… well we made a great big mess!
Yes this was the table post session… piles of stash, scraps and many many many baby wipes! Lol!
Ok so what did we actually make.
Well the samples I shared on Tuesday but on the night we made some different stuff but using the same techniques. None of us really finished out projects but most of us got close on at least one…
First our scrapbook pages…
Then our sunset cards…
Next our stencilled background cards (mine and Karen’s ended up as starts of ATCs)…
The dragonfly one just above was a a demonstration I did. Unfortunately we ran out of time for doing this one.
Once I have finished some of these off properly (of the ones that are mine!) I will share more pics.
Another ATC to share with you today… must admit my rate of production of ATCs has slowed of late but know I am well ahead of schedule so not worried about meeting the challenge. It has been good to vary the projects a little more instead.
Anyway that aside today’s project is the fairy atc above…. and it’s another YouTube video.