Brushos, Paperartsy Squiggly Ink, World Map

Mini marvels … mail art swap

A friend of mine (fellow PATWITS circle journaller Chris) has organised a swap of mail art for a Facebook group specialising in ‘mini’ makes so the rules are that the envelopes are to be no bigger than 5″ x 4″.

I chose 4″ x 4″ white envelopes and sealed the envelopes shut.  I then added a small post it note on the front and a strip of washing tape across the back to mask some areas off.

image

I then stamped them on both sides with Archival black ink and the World Map background stamp.

image

Next I used Sea Green Brushos on the front and plenty of water to activate the crystals.

image

They look pretty messy at this point… and very wet!

Once they had dried I used a baby wipe over them to dissolve any crystals that hadn’t yet been activated.  This gave them a lovely pale green background with the swooshes of Brusho vibrancy.

I then turned them over and wiped some teal paint over them with a baby wipe.  Because it was such light coverage it became a nice light colour. 

image

I decided later I wanted more green too on this side so added some Twisted Citron distress ink randomly on the back, and across the section I unmasked when I took the washi tape off.  Before I added the green though I doodled across the strip and round the square on the front I had masked and stamped the Fleur De Lis (squiggly ink Paperartsy set) on both the front and back.

image

image

I added some colour to the fleur De Lis on the front using Cracked Pistachio and Mermaid Lagoon distress stain and a paint brush and then added some splodges on the front and back using the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set and Lost Lagoon and Pacific Point SU inks.

I also added the Once upon a time stamp to the back with Archival ink.

So now I have five envelopes that look similar ready to send to my suggested recipients. And the space on the front for their address and a space on the back for my name and date.  How nice for the postman/woman to see as they post the post!

image

image

Happy crafting!

Catherine

Later update… decided they needed a little something else… so added some touches of copper…
image

image

Some weeks later I then made some more for swapping but forgot the accepted dimensions so these are slightly too big for the challenge… oops!
image
Front…

image
Back…

These are all acrylic paint with the birdhouse and bird in ink (book print for the Bird collaged on).

So as these were too big for the actual challenge I instead have sent some of them to some friends to cheer up their day (there are a few left to be sent). It was good fun to do these. Might have to do this again another time.

Happy crafting!


Catherine