It feels like a long time since I shared anything from the PATWITS circle journal. I actually finished this one a week ago when my ankle forced me into sitting still for a while. The ankle is still causing bother but less painful now thankfully and so although driving is still an issue the pain of standing and hobbling isn’t as bad.
Jo’s journal is a neat idea. It is made up of pockets and the instructions are to make a master board 8×8 size, then cut into 4 ATC’S using the template provided and then stick three in the pocket as they are and decorate another for the front of the pocket.
So I took some dsp (so that the back was patterned a little too) and created my master board. I decided on go with autumnal colours because at the time I couldn’t get enough of terracotta and autumn fire fresco finish paints. I also added Haystack, Mahogany, Taupe, Mermaid and Bora Bora. All of which look delicious together.
I built the patterns using both stencils and stamps. I mainly used Hot Picks stamps and Lin Brown stamps for this as thought they made lovely subtle backgrounds and then the dramatic pop of the mahogany on the top finished it off.
I loved this so much I had to squeeze 5 atcs out so I could keep one for use another time too! plus there are some of the offcuts I didn’t throw away.
So I popped three into the pocket and started decorating the pocket outside. As per usual I got carried away and forgot to take pics.
So this is where I got to before I remembered to take a picture.
I added stamping to the pocket using the same colour paints and also added some to the ATC. Then I opened up my Steampunk Artful Days goodie box and decided to use the laser cut chipboard bits as they colour so nicely and work perfectly as a frame.
I had already coloured them with distress stains so I added some of the fresco finish paints and some stamping on the top to bring them into the colour scheme of the pocket.
Once they were stuck down I also infilled a couple of the cogs with the gel bead medium. Next I chose my focal images of the Kim Dellow birds and stamped them onto card I had already coloured with paint. I then added some details in other coloured paints and cut them out and stuck them down.
I then did the same with the sentiment.
Once it had all dried I then added some highlights with the white pen and some with the gold pen. I also added a little shading using a Pitt big brush pen.
Now to turn it over and add something to the back. I started by painting an orange tag using the same colours, and added a bit of pattern using the Kim Dellow stamp and paint. Then I added some torn music paper and then a strip of the leftover master board. I also added another two strips to the little pocket to stick out from underneath the tag.
I then added some Kim Dellow stamping and a Clare Lloyd word.
Loved doing this little project and love the master board I created.
Thanks Jo for the inspiration and hope you like what I made.