Sometimes I forget to put patterned paper and handmade backgrounds together, so it’s a lovely surprise when I do and it works well. This card is one of those times!
The background I actually made last month as part of crafty play… and the papers were leftover from other projects. Love love love this combo and how it worked together!
I shared the cards I made as part of a play session with my friends a few days ago… well I finished a few off, plus some of the partial pieces I made during the play session too… so here they are.
First off the gelli plate piece. I ended up cutting it down a little and adding a sentiment sticker. I gave this to my cousin and her family when we stayed with them in their new home this weekend.
Next up I added more doodling and a sentiment to the smooshing card.
I also added a sentiment to the card below…
Love how sparkly the black wink of Stella pen gives the centre of the flowers too.
Next I finished off another card that was another smooshed piece that I made on the night using very different colours.
Just love how different this looks… love all the doodling too.
And this time a clear wink of stella flower centre.
Love how I found time to get these finished off! There are a few more to go that I will share on another day!
A couple of weeks ago my friends Karen and Mara joined me for some arty fun and we played with distress oxides (at Mara’s request).
I didn’t do much prep before the session due to a lack of time but managed to get some projects done during the night regardless using the usual techniques for using distress oxides.
Firstly we started with simple stamping!
This was using the Badassartstamps to create a panel in one colour family and then a focal point from some contrast colours with an overlay sentiment.
Second project was to do some blending and stencilling and water reaction.
This card has yet to have a sentiment added but hopefully I will be able to add one soon to finish it off.
Next up I created a background using the fabulous smooshing method.
I also added some stencilling, blended edges and of course the stamped wildflowers.
This was a bit of a two for one card too as I also created this next background by using the photo paper as a mop up.
This makes such a dramatic background and fab way to showcase the Visible Image stamp.
Love how different the same inks look on the different types of substrate.
Finally some gelli plate work onto different substances created this (albeit unfinished) card topper!
Had such a fun time crafting with my friends. Wish we could do this more often, but life is so busy it is not always easy to get together!
So this week I left my job of the last 9 years as I start a new job on Monday. It was an emotional week as I worked with a bunch of thoroughly splendid group of people, especially the two girls who worked on my team, Julie and Sue.
I bought them each a gift but also wanted them to have something handmade and for some unknown reason I went for a sewing project and made some bags… it was an odd choice but I went with it!
I took two cotton totes and then created some panels using some fabrics I got from Hobbycraft.
I added the frame of the black and then some more black for under the flower I used as the focal point.
The flower I stamped using black paint and then cut out and hand sewed it onto the panel. I also added the button centres.
My sewing isn’t particularly good so this is definitely a rough and ready and purposefully messy in style! In fact my Mum would be ashamed as to how messy it is. But I like them and so decided to just go with it.
Hopefully J and S liked them too and will then have something of me with them for the future!
On days like today I’m grateful for having prepped some blog posts ahead of time. I’ve been ill for the past few days and crafting and blogging have not been an option… so sorry for being AWOL! Anyways…
For Christmas I gave my parents and my auntie a calendar I had made with a postcard sized piece of art on each month… so today I am sharing their June artwork.
I spotted the bright papers in my stash of scraps and decided they would make some perfect border papers. So first I painted the background using Bourganvillia fresco finish paint.
Then I created a border using the scraps of paper. Next I masked them off again to stamp in the background with the Jofy stamp… should have done this before the border was adhered…. would have been so much easier.
Next I added the black border around each bit of the border. I then heat embossed onto the plaid paper the Jofy stamp. I then added shading to it and some white highlights.
Then I added the flower and added more shading so it looks dimensional.
I then heat embossed the sentiment on to the black card and added it.
Love these funky and modern panels.
Here is the tag I made for this month’s swap at UK stampers forum.
I started with a gelli printed tag and added tissue wrap and then leftover bits from the gelli printed ATCs I made last month.
This made a colourful and patterned start!
I added some definition using Inktense pencils and a stamped image from Jofy which I embossed.
I then added colour into the image using the Inktense pencils.
I stamped the butterflies onto thick cardstock and watercoloured them using the Inktense pencils.
Next I added the butterflies onto the tag and added Wink of Stella to them to make them shimmer.
I added more white using a gel pen and white embossing for the sentiment.
Added some white ribbon and that’s the tag done.