More of the cards I made crafting out of one basket of supplies.
This one was lots and lots of layers of paint and then after stamping the flower I created a mask and overstamped using black versafine the Badass artchick stamp which gave a fab background. I decided the flower needed to look different though so stamped it onto bookprint and used the brushos to colour it.
Once dry I fussy cut it out and added it to the card and added posca pen doodles.
I kept the card quite simple as it was such an intense background and focal image so just added doodled lines.
The next one I took the same image and made a very different looking card.
This time i stamped the image onto a piece of paper I had been using to add paint to the previous background. It was originally a piece of map paper so very smooth and originally glossy.
I again added posca doodles.
I chose to add it to a piece of card I had simply stamped one background stamp on and then edged.
To the card I then added some embellishments… a little corrugated tag, and some chipboard hearts I had given the embossing powder treatment using the Deep sea baked texture embossing powder.
A much more simple card but equally fun using the large flower image from Jofy.
My lovely and super creative friend Chris runs a group on Facebook called mini marvels. To start our mojo off she challenged us to create from a basket of goodies we were urged to put together over a few days… e.g. choose three colours of distress oxide and three paints in the same colours on one day, grab stencils and stamps on another. Once the basket/bag was full we had to stop.
Here was my filled basket.
And when tipped out onto the desk there was a lot to choose to play with. We were allowed one thing extra we forgot and three main tools… pens and basic tools were ok. My main tools were a paper trimmer, heat tool and gelli plate.
I decided the thing I wanted to make were cards suitable for teenager girls as I had run out in my stash and the theme for my focal image stamps was flowers so this influenced what I could do for some of my cards. I had also chosen some butterfly greyboard embellishments so they got used too.
So I won’t share all of the cards I made today… hopefully over the next couple of weeks you will see them all.
I will share the first two I made here today though.
I started with a distress oxide smooshed background and built up some layers of stamping. I also added some posca pen doodling.
The butterfly I painted and then added the Deep Sea embossing powder to create a shiny embellishment. I gave it a piece of bookprint to sit on and added some gems and the sentiment label.
Love how zingy this is.
The next one is similar in terms of background was started in the same way. But this one I added stencilling plus different stamping.
The star was a textured finish embellishment which I added layers of the Deep Sea embossing powder to. It maintained it’s texture but love the glossy finish.
I have a card I made to share with you today which uses all Darcy stamps which I had on the desk from making the heart coins I shared last week.
I started by masking off a section of a card blank with washi tape and then stamping and masking the word hearts. This really is one of my favourite stamps.
I then coloured the stamps using watercolour pencils and a water brush. There is a bit of shimmer to the hearts because I hadn’t cleaned my brush out from using it in my shimmer paints! Ooops! Happy accident!
Next I stamped one of the Darcy characters and coloured with promarkers and fussy cut them out to add to the card.
I finished the card off with one black gem.
Love this! Such a simple card to make really… might do this again with other stamps to make an interesting panel on the background.
Today I am sharing four coins that I made for a swap where the theme was hearts and layers… so yes it needed to have layers and feature hearts!
I started by stamping and masking and stamping some backgrounds onto some thick cardstock. I used Darcy stamps from Paperartsy for all the hearts as I love the different types of hearts she designed. I stamped the word hearts in memento and the circle hearts in Candied Apple distress ink.
I had loosely drawn around some coins so I knew how much to cover of the cardstock I was using.
Next I started colouring them in… promarkers for the word hearts…
… and the background…
Once these were finished I cut them out and added some embossing using a different heart themed stamp from Darcy’s collection. These I clear embossed to give texture to the coins.
Next up was to do some layers and focal images… I chose to use scraps of this fabulous textural wallpaper and then another Darcy heart which I embossed and then coloured using the shimmery watercolours in shades of pink and grey.
I love how shimmery and shiny these are. I also edged the coins in Black to frame them.
Next I added the embellishments… a shrink plastic ticket I stamped and cut out, a gemstone and some stamped words from another Darcy stamp set.
Ok now to show the real colours in daylight and not just the orange look they get under the desk lamp…
Love how they came out!
So these are my coins for the swap… I think there were enough layers and enough hearts to satisfy the conditions of the swap! Hopefully Janet who I made them for loved them too!
Ok so we might have had Christmas and Boxing Day … but that just means it’s time to make a start on next year’s cards… so CHNC blog helps you to get it in hand by making one a week throughout the year.
Here is my anything goes card to start off the collection for 2020!