Category Archives: Sheena Douglass stamps

Braving the Brayer! Class time!

In November I had to postpone a class with friends where we played with the brayer. I was stressed and super busy and in fact in the midst of another crash with my depression so it was good when my friend suggested we postponed. Of course we still wanted to meet and play with the brayer so instead of Christmas card class using the techniques, I rearranged to January for us to play with it then. Tonight was the night!

And here are the samples of the brayered panels we were making!

An Autumnal scene using a fabulous Oak Sheena Douglass stamp, and the beautiful colours of Strawberry Slush, Crisp Canteloupe, Summer Starfruit, Baked Brown Sugar.

A summery scene, using the fab Lovely as a Tree set and the lovely colours of Pistacho Pudding, Gumball Green, Summer Starfruit, Baked Brown sugar, Crisp Canteloupe. This had a bit of sponging on too to add the suns warmth.

And finally I couldn’t not do a Christmas card…

Another Lovely as a Tree one … I love this fir tree! I used Midnight Muse as the main colour, with Basic Black and Basic grey for the tree. I also stamped the tree using the Illuminate ink for some glimmer in the background, and then over the top I add snow by stamping with a dotty background stamp.

The sentiment was a Woodware one I got last year and did my cousins Christmas card order with. Love the swirly script. I then edged the coloured area with some squiggly lines and mounted the topper onto Tempting Turquoise cardstock.

As per usual fun was had with friends… And we ended up mounting the panels onto cards but kept the design very simple so that the topper spoke for itself!

Happy crafting!


Raggy Doll catch up … Becca’s page

It has been a while since I’ve posted a Raggy doll journal page. There is a reason for that … I fell very behind!

Darcy challenged us all to pledge to finish some of our unfinished objects … uFO’s as she calls them … In January. So this is what I did yesterday!

I started with First Edition dsp and gave it a coat of gesso with the brayer. 20140109-174033.jpg

Next up a gelli print using greens and yellows … Done in two stages.

Then I decided to add some spray ink through a stencil but it didn’t really show up. Next I decided to soften it and blend it a bit so another coat of gesso brayered on.

This actually showed up some of the ink and so I added a bit more in too.

Now it was time for some stamping.
I took a ledger type stamp and repeat stamped it along the bottom using black paint. This gave it a rough image and was the sort of grounded feel I needed. Next I used the paint tube lid to stamp the circles at the top. These were to look like strange branches and leaves falling down from the forest canopy.

I also added some random text down each side to frame it.


Next I took my favourite Darcy designed stamp and stamped that on either side to hang down. Because the texture in the page was quite rough it didn’t stamp very well so I ended up going over it again in pen, and then painted the heart shares with red acrylic to make them pop!


Next I wrote out a verse from Midsummer Nights Dream on inked cream cardstock and cut it and affixed it to the page. This I have now realised is wrong with the page as I seem to have transposed the first two lines when sticking them down so will now have to see if I can peel them off and reattach without damaging the page. Boy am I gutted about this! Doh! Anyways … I will share the rest of what I did before I go and try and rescue it!

I searched for a suitable image to use to represent the fabulous play. I decided upon this Octopode image Orla the Fairie Queen and figurerd she would work as Titania if I added some wings. I have the fabulous wings stamp from Sheena Douglass which I decided would work. So I printed Orla … Now renamed as Titania for the purposes of my page … And then used Promarkers to colour her in. It has been a while since I did any such colouring and I have to admit I loved doing it and am really proud of how she turned out!


I cut her out and then stamped the wings inMidnight Muse and then coloured them with Promarkers too before cutting them out. I fitted her wings and then added her to the page. The finishing touch was to add some Diamond dazzle stickles to her flowers in her hair … And hey presto Titania in her forest.


I adhered the page to a piece of Tea for Two dsp which seemed to work with the page ready to finish off the back with a message for Becca.

So now I just need to work out how to sort out the mess I made of Shakespeare’s verse… What a silly sausage I am!

Hope Becca likes the page as much as I do … I must admit I think it may just be my favourite one yet!

Happy crafting!