Today I have a card I made for our friends as a thank you for taking the princess away with them over half term.
I took a piece of black card and a large thank you stamp and used my stamp platform to create multicoloured stamping with the distress oxides. I then added embossing powder over them which created these jewelled but also chalky type images. I did the same for the flowers around the edges but they weren’t quite as vibrant colour wise.
I then trimmed the panel to 10cm x 14.4cm and adhered it to the side folding card blank I had made.
Didn’t think it needed any more embellishment as it had both shine and colour on the stamped image and the contrast against the black background.
A fun technique for on black cardstock and love that oxides are able to provide colour even on dark cardstock.
I’ve four cards to share that I made when playing with watercolours a few days ago. (Oh how I wish I was still doing this now and not back at work!).
I made four panels and added watercolours to them ensuring I chose colours that wouldn’t make mud if they mixed and then added salt flakes on the top for them to dry. This added some interesting variation to the patterns on the finished pieces.
Once they were dry I stamped a large sentiment from the stash (stampendous) in versafine using the stamp platform so I could make sure they stamped perfectly.
I finished them off with a mount of coloured cardstock and some sequins.009
Love how fun these were to make and love how easy they were too. Simple cards full of fun!