This week we have a technique based challenge over at Back to Basics and Beyond … salt technique.
I haven’t used salt with my watercolours as a background very often so it was fun to experiment and ended up with three panels…
I cut them down and used each in a different way. One I used an indigo Blu stamp set and heat embossed the fish and the sentiment.
I then added a little more colour onto the fish using distress oxide and my waterbrush.
Then I added layers under the panel in contrasting colours including the ribbon and the pearls.
Now the second card I kept quite simple with a silhouette stamp and added gold edging and some patterned paper and then sequins to finish.
Then the final one I used as a piece of actual patterned paper.
I added the stamped image and some other layers of patterned paper. I added the kraft tag to balance the kraft in the coffee cup colouring.
Love all three of these cards… And love being reminded of what a lovely effect the addition of salt is to the watercolour background.
Can’t wait to see how everyone else used the salt technique in their creations! Here is the blog.
Yes I am still going strong with this year’s Index card a day challenge.
These are days 30 through to 35. Lots of different mediums, colours and styles being used. Really love the funky hair one with the frame and that Indigo Blu fish is fab!
And then the next six days…
I adore the baked texture embossing powder on the modelling paste stencilled word on the last one, and then the contrast of that with the cute panda, and then the sketch of day 36!
Hope you enjoyed seeing this collection of cards.
Today I have an art journal page to share that I made a few weeks ago…
I added some distress stain onto some mixed media cardstock and then added texture paste through a Claritystamps stencil. I then added plenty of stamping and more ink around the edges.
I then added the sentiment to some scraps of bookprint.
I love the depth to the layers.
Next I added a tag I made separately using distress stains onto a canvas tag and then added another layer of tag which I used distress oxides to add colour and then added the stamping.
I added this to black cardstock to frame it and then found a page in my journal to add it to. I added some blue paint to the background with a baby wipe to add it like a wash.
Really happy with how this came out. Love all the layers and the how the different colours combined. And for those interested… here is the video of how I made it.
Originally this was supposed to be for a swap but the swap didn’t happen so happy to have this artwork for myself.
Happy crafting !
Today I have some ATCs to share today made for a fun swap I am involved in… an alphabet swap! The plan is to make an ATC for each of the letters of the alphabet… or at least as many as I can… this is where I am up to.
A is for aeroplane…
B is for butterfly … (this might look familiar as I actually shared this a few days ago!)
E is for elephant…
F is for flowers…
G is for giraffe…
H is for house….
O is for owl…
P is for puppy…
Q is for queen…
R is for rabbit…
So this is the progress so far… I have a while before I have to finish the rest and I already have another few in progress. Cam imagine that the more unusual letters will make for some challenges!!! So pleased I moved away from being OCD and creating them in order… this is so much more fun doing them a bit at a time.
Will make sure I share the next batch when they are finished.
Another day, another swap!
Today is a postcard swap where the theme is to “flourish”. I started off with quite a thick chipboard that I cut to 6×4 and covered with gesso.
Once that was dry I added modelling paste through a Tim Holtz stencil.
Next I started to add colour. First magenta and purple using the decoarts fluid acrylics and then some distress oxide on top.
Next I added the wild flower image with white embossing powder and added a rough frame doing the same on the edges. There were some wet parts (impatient me) which also had some powder catch which left some other white parts. I liked this though. It gave it a rather loose feel.
I then added the sequin waste layer and some embossed Tim Holtz butterflies and then the Indigo Blu sentiment which I stamped and coloured using the distress oxides.
Really happy with how this finishes up. Hope the recipient also likes it too.
I decided to play with some bits and make some ATC’S without a real plan and thought I would let you see.. so here is the YouTube video.
And here are the finished 2 ATC’S.
So happy with them both.