Today I’m sharing the twinchies I made for the Time coin swap participants last month… I went for a masterboard and made lots of twinchies from this.I used Paperartsy fresco finish paints and Indigo Blu stamps.Then I cut it up into the twinchies…Next I added some doodled edges and embossed the sentiment.Then I added a shrink plastic embellishment of a clock/pocket watch to each one.I used a mix of black and white shrink plastic to create different effects.Happy crafting!Catherine
I am very late with this one… it should have been finished two days ago and shared yesterday… ooops… better late than never though!
The theme for this fortnight at Back to Basics and Beyond challenge blog is Triple stamping and I hadn’t done this for a while.
I used a background stamp and my stamp positioner (platform) for mine.
First I cut the papers and the mats for each layer. Then I stamped just the paper.
I chose to use a few shades of the teal ink for my card.
Then I layered them up.
I decided to finish with the Petal Palette flower image, a band of pink cardstock and a pink card blank I made.
I also added the light turquoise sequins.
Love how the bold background is softened by the image.
This evening I am going to celebrate the marriage of Jayne (one of my raggy doll sisters) and Simon along with a few of my other raggy doll sisters. I can’t wait!
So as by this time I will be partying this is a scheduled post to show you the card I made.
I chose to use Spellbinders dies for the background and then Stampin Up Petal Palette stamps and dies for the floral elements and the Mr and Mrs stamp again from Stampin Up. I kept to a soft pink colour palette using two tones of pink cardstock and watercolouring the flowers which I had embossed in the champagne embossing powder.
I gave the elements some dimension with foam tabs and added some dots of liquid pearls around the focal images.
Love how this all looked. The inside of the card is similar but a lot more simple…
Leaving me plenty of room for my message of love to the happy couple!
So happy for Jayne and Simon. May they enjoy a lifetime of happiness together.
I am a little late with my blog post today for the CHNC challenge. Sorry! But better late than never the challenge is to use silver and I decided to use both some silver embossing powder and some silver sequins to decorate my green card!
I used some patterned paper and green cardstock mats and gave the paper and the cardstock a little bit of edging with ink and then embossed the sentiment from a magazine set straight into the paper and the tree onto some cardstock and raised it up on foam tape to give it some dimension.
Then I added the sequins as a scatter across the whole card. Now off I jog to see what the rest of the team made over at the blog.
Another swap to share… this time some inchies using the following colour palette…
The colour palette reminded me of a sunflower against blue skies.
Here is what I made…
I used blue ink to smoosh the watercolor the inchies in and then stamped using the dark brown archival ink and the Hardwood stamp.
I then added the spotty washi to three of the inchies and strips of the yellow washi to two of the inchies. Into the strips I added the words sun flower.
Then I inked the edge of each inchie and added an embellishment sunflower from the stash. I then arranged them onto the yellow cardstock.
Love this bright and beautiful selection of inchies.
The theme of the swap was eyes so I decided to use the Jane Davenport face stamp where you can choose the features. I’ve not used this stamp much but loved creating these three ATCs using the stamps.
I started with some mountboard cut using the Bigz die and gave it a coat of gesso. Then I dry brushed on some neutral colours of Paperartsy fresco finish paints (buff and taupe). I also added some of the smoked paprika so break up the background and because I knew I wanted to incorporate that into the hair colour too.
I then stamped using sepia ink the face and then the features using different eye stamps for each girls but keeping the lips and nose the same.
Then I added in hair for each using a mixture of browns and oranges. I also added colour to the lips and then the eyes I chose a teal/blue colour that really stood out.
I then used Inktense pencils and a waterbrush to add more definition to the eyes and some shading.
I also added a bit of subtle stamping to the background using yellow archival and a Gorgeous grunge stamp and then added the sentiment from a magazine set in the sepia ink.
I finished by edging them with archival ink to frame the panels.
Love how these came out. So different from everything else I have made recently.
I love tree stamps and this is one of my favourite from Stampin Up. This week’s challenge at CHNC is to use a tree or a few… So out it came to play!
I stamped and embossed the image a few times and then used the black brushos and created this galaxy sky!
I finished simply with some silver dots for stars and the sequins.