Decided to make an autumnal feel card today… using the beautiful Arrange a Wreath stamps and accompanying wreath builder dies.
The main wreath image is quite bold and adding the little die cut leaves and berries in different shades of green softens it a little I think. This would work well with some orange and red leaves to make it even more autumnal.
I added the kraft card blank and the kraft die cut bow and the kraft border to the sentiment and this made it more autumnal. The mat of the glitter card just added a hint of shimmer!
So another batch of Christmas cards made using the long since retired Winter Frost dsp and this time mainly using the Arrange a Wreath stamps and Wreath Builder dies to decorate… although the Peace and Joy set did get used for sentiments and some odd bits and pieces left from the set of cards I shared yesterday.
I also used the doilies I had bought at a reduced cost… and the Coastal Cabana ones worked fab with the paper.
So I started by just chopping up the paper… no plan was followed at all… and once again I ended up with enough for 13 cards! Again these will be given to the parents for their stash.
I mounted all the pieces onto Smoky Slate cardstock and then moved on to how to decorate them. Once again, I made the most of the double sided dsp, although most I kept to the snowflake design rather than the retro grey. I thought the retro grey was less Christmas themed.
Then I set to stamping and die cutting and fussy cutting elements to decorate. I mainly used the stamps from Arrange a Wreath and dies from the coordinating Wreath Builder set.
I kept to cool colours this time. I used Bermuda Bay, Coastal Cabana and Smoky Slate. A few of the sentiments I had stamped and not used from the previous OSW I shared also got used so there were some sentiments using the Island Indigo ink.
I didn’t think the pink was needed for these cards as they were more pretty than funky and so better keeping to the cool colours and white and grey than adding in further contrast.
I laid out each card and added a panel of either the smoky slate, or white, or vellum or some foiled cardstock from the stash as a background for each. I then chose which I wanted to add embossing to before I started thinking about adhering anything! I managed to use some off cuts of the foiled card to die cut some little sprigs from the die set too.
Then it was time to start sticking and finishing! What I will say is all those little leaves and sprigs take a bit of fiddling and be prepared to get a bit messy with glue if you are anything like me!
And here are the cards as close ups for each of them. Realised I didnt do close ups of the ones I shared yesterday. Might go back and get photos done and share as a separate blog.
I am super happy with how these came out. Just so pretty! Love how the paper works well with the die cuts and doilies and love the little turquoise leaves etc.
Finished off the cards with pearl gems and wink of Stella on either the flowers or bows or some leaves.
I then chose a different stamp from the set to decorate the envelopes.
This time I did add the pink … thought it needed the contrast and although think it still works nicely with the card.
As you can see in the background for this pic I still have some of this DSP left… May get tempted to do another OSW with what’s left … not sure if I want to choose different stamps and dies to go with it… very tempted with the snowflake wishes set… but not yet bought that so these remaining papers may have to wait.
So after the mammoth OSW I did last month, I decided to dig through the dsp to do another one. I chose an old (2014!) piece of dsp from the stash. This was a set called Venetian Romance and I love it.
I created 12 cards in total and loved pairing this old dsp with my new stamps!
I also distressed the dsp and the kraft cardstock I was using as a mat. This left a large amount of paper fluff everywhere but love the effect it created.
So I’ll share the first four tonight and then rest tomorrow.
So Birds and Branches is the stamp set for the focal images… such a beautiful stamp set.
This first one I added the panel of the craft card and embossed with the Pinewood panel 3d set. I also added the linen thread and the pearl as embellishment.
This card I added some stamping using the Birch background stamp. I also found some ribbon in the stash that seemed to work with the Calypso Coral colour in the dsp.
The Best Wishes sentiment I chose are from the Arrange a Wreath stamp set.
For this one I found a paperclip that was the perfect match too… added that as a different embellishment.
Love the way the four cards finished up… the stamps breathe new life into the old paper. So pleased I got to use it… after 6 years of it sitting in a box!
And for those interested I made up my template as I went along but these are the measurements… (I’ve drawn this out after the fact!) And yes I did and up with a spare 1″ strip but that’s because it was damaged on my original piece of paper!