Today I have a tag, that I’ve made for the UK stampers forum swap, using the fabulous Birds and Branches stamp set.
I started with a kraft tag and stamped the Birch background stamp using Sahara sand and added some of the same ink around the edge. Next I stamped the word hope in pool party from the retired watercolor words. Then added more ink at the edge using Early Espresso too.
Next I stamped the bird nest, bird, eggs and flowers on Very vanilla using Early Espresso, Pool Party and Soft Suede.
I used the Birds and More dies to die cut all the elements and then also die cut the branches from some wood grain patterned paper.
I assembled everything and added some gems for the centre of the flowers. Then I chose some snippet Tim Holtz stickers for finishing off!
I used the seam binding and linen thread to dress the tag.
Love how this looks and what a wonderful set of stamps and dies these are!
So after the mammoth OSW I did last month, I decided to dig through the dsp to do another one. I chose an old (2014!) piece of dsp from the stash. This was a set called Venetian Romance and I love it.
I created 12 cards in total and loved pairing this old dsp with my new stamps!
I also distressed the dsp and the kraft cardstock I was using as a mat. This left a large amount of paper fluff everywhere but love the effect it created.
So I’ll share the first four tonight and then rest tomorrow.
So Birds and Branches is the stamp set for the focal images… such a beautiful stamp set.
This first one I added the panel of the craft card and embossed with the Pinewood panel 3d set. I also added the linen thread and the pearl as embellishment.
This card I added some stamping using the Birch background stamp. I also found some ribbon in the stash that seemed to work with the Calypso Coral colour in the dsp.
The Best Wishes sentiment I chose are from the Arrange a Wreath stamp set.
For this one I found a paperclip that was the perfect match too… added that as a different embellishment.
Love the way the four cards finished up… the stamps breathe new life into the old paper. So pleased I got to use it… after 6 years of it sitting in a box!
And for those interested I made up my template as I went along but these are the measurements… (I’ve drawn this out after the fact!) And yes I did and up with a spare 1″ strip but that’s because it was damaged on my original piece of paper!