Today I have a tag, that I’ve made for the UK stampers forum swap, using the fabulous Birds and Branches stamp set.
I started with a kraft tag and stamped the Birch background stamp using Sahara sand and added some of the same ink around the edge. Next I stamped the word hope in pool party from the retired watercolor words. Then added more ink at the edge using Early Espresso too.
Next I stamped the bird nest, bird, eggs and flowers on Very vanilla using Early Espresso, Pool Party and Soft Suede.
I used the Birds and More dies to die cut all the elements and then also die cut the branches from some wood grain patterned paper.
I assembled everything and added some gems for the centre of the flowers. Then I chose some snippet Tim Holtz stickers for finishing off!
I used the seam binding and linen thread to dress the tag.
Love how this looks and what a wonderful set of stamps and dies these are!
So after the mammoth OSW I did last month, I decided to dig through the dsp to do another one. I chose an old (2014!) piece of dsp from the stash. This was a set called Venetian Romance and I love it.
I created 12 cards in total and loved pairing this old dsp with my new stamps!
I also distressed the dsp and the kraft cardstock I was using as a mat. This left a large amount of paper fluff everywhere but love the effect it created.
So I’ll share the first four tonight and then rest tomorrow.
So Birds and Branches is the stamp set for the focal images… such a beautiful stamp set.
This first one I added the panel of the craft card and embossed with the Pinewood panel 3d set. I also added the linen thread and the pearl as embellishment.
This card I added some stamping using the Birch background stamp. I also found some ribbon in the stash that seemed to work with the Calypso Coral colour in the dsp.
The Best Wishes sentiment I chose are from the Arrange a Wreath stamp set.
For this one I found a paperclip that was the perfect match too… added that as a different embellishment.
Love the way the four cards finished up… the stamps breathe new life into the old paper. So pleased I got to use it… after 6 years of it sitting in a box!
And for those interested I made up my template as I went along but these are the measurements… (I’ve drawn this out after the fact!) And yes I did and up with a spare 1″ strip but that’s because it was damaged on my original piece of paper!
So as I’ve rejoined Stampin Up I’ve already made new friends in the SU teams that I’ve joined. One of which, Karen, did a Facebook live and then her YouTube video of her One Sheet Wonder and I of course had to join in…
First decision was which paper to use. I didn’t actually have any current 12 x 12 paper as it’s so long since I’ve bought papers at this size… I still have a massive stash to work through so trying not to go for papers when I buy (even though they are some lovely looking ones!).
So I plumped for a yellow (I think it is so saffron) old style dsp and chose the striped side.
I then hunted through my cardstock for colours that would work with this… again I have a mish mash of old colours and they aren’t labelled as to which colour they are.. so I chose a couple of different yellows and a couple of greens.
I then made card blanks in smoky slate, basic grey, white and a couple of yellow ones too to mix up the blanks a little.
Right next to the cutting… here is the template Karen made for us to use…
As you can see it’s quite fiddly with lots of small bits and you have to be quite methodical in which you cut. I advise watching her video for the best instructions.
Here is mine cut out…
I then started pairing the papers with the card and cutting them out with a small border. Most pieces were cut about one quarter inch bigger to give a sense of the size of border. I did each of the pieces that were one a card design as one colour of mounting cardstock to make sure they looked uniform.
Then I started putting them with the card blanks. I didn’t adhere anything … just put them together.
Next I grabbed my stamps and started stamping and colouring and punching and die cutting till I had enough focal images for each of the cards.
I also did the same with some of the left over cardstock to create some stitched circles as they always look nice as background.
Then I started putting them together.
Some I added texture with embossing folders. I know some I used are old ones and one wasn’t a SU one but just adding some texture helped step up the card. I also added ribbon and gems and pearls and enamel accents…. all to add texture and some embellishment.
So here is my pic of all I made… but I will group them into stamp group for the next few blogs to share them all properly… after all 21 cards is a lot to blog in one go!
Really loved this One Sheet Wonder play… looking forward to grabbing more of my old DSP and doing something similar with it.