Last Tuesday I hosted a crafting session at my house where the focus was on background stamps.
I designed four cards using different background stamps.
This is a perfect design for any woodgrain stamps and I love this Hardwood stamp from Stampin Up. I masked part of the background and then added another colour cardstock for the raised panel. I then used the Awesomely Artistic set to embellish and then an old sentiment stamp.
An old but still very good technique of triple time stamping. This time using the Postscript stamp and a mix of colour inks.
I used a mix of Sweet sugarplum, Berry Burst and Fresh Fig to ink up the stamp and then Fresh Fig for the mounting card. I then added the die cut swirl and stitched framelit before adding the Watercolour wings butterfly using the same colours.
The sentiment was embossed just to make it pop!
This time I grabbed the gelli plate and Distress oxides to add the fun background for this card.
Using one colour of the oxide for the first print with some water and then added the burlap to it for the second layer created a nice rustic but imperfect print.
I then added stamping for the glasses and then created the tag using the new Half Full stamp set from the autumn winter SU catalogue.
This is a retired stamp but I love it, especially for stamping with Brushos. I created a palette on my craft mat and then stamped into it and then straight onto the card blank. I love the mix of the colours and the watery stamped effect.
I then mopped up the remaining colour and die cut that using the Swirly Scribbles thinlits. I also stamped and die cut the Beautiful You inage with the stitched framelits and added colour with some brusho. I edged panel and the sentiment with some purple from a blending tool.
So four different background stamps each used differently to create some fun cards.
Once again I am on my mission to use up some of my stash of papers … so another one sheet wonder type thing going on… but with three sheets of Gingham Garden dsp! I actually started the planning and cutting for this one night in/on the bed.
The three chosen sheets of dsp above which I chose three random ways of cutting up using the Pinterest board I have set up for osw as inspiration. Then I started copying sketches from Mojo Monday (a great sketch site that has old sketches available for use) & putting card ideas together from that.
Next I had to get coordinating cardstock for the papers… I decided rather than cutting into too much new cardstock I would first raid the scraps box and use up stuff already cut into!
And then started putting things together with the relevant card blanks…
I did have to use some fresh card stock for the bases… but otherwise I managed most of this from scraps.
Then I made them up into little sets. Here is the first of the sets…
For all of these I used the Bliss stamp set to add the flourish stamp in the background and the little butterflies and the sentiment from Bitty Banners.
I also added stickles a plenty to give them a nice bit of bling.
Pop back tomorrow to see how I finished the others off.
Part of the Use them or Lose them challenge of the year is to use some of the paper I have stashed. I have been trying to use stuff from the scraps box where possible to try and work through that but there is also the mountain of uncut 12 x 12 sheets of dsp so I decided to do a one sheet wonder type project… although ended up using three sheets of DSP so I could get some variety.
I didn’t follow a osw cutting guide, instead headed over to Mojo Monday and followed a load of sketches from November and October 2015 to design the cards and cut everything up. I added two sheets of Primrose Petals cardstock, one crumb cake and one wild wasabi plus a few bits and pieces of scrap cardstock that were hanging around the desk.
Next I started assembling, embossing, die cutting and stamping… and ended up with 15 cards for the box at work!
So this year I have decided to challenge myself to make a set of cards, scrapbook page or journal layout using each of my stamp sets as I know I have some I rarely use!
Well I am back with another use for Butterfly Basics… defintely a keeper for my Use them or lose them challenge!
These two thank you cards were created to say thanks for Christmas gifts so have already been received by the people they were destined for!
I used the SU pens to colour the stamp directly to get the flower and leaves coloured correctly. I also added some layered stamping with the other stamps. The little splodges in the background are from Awesomely Artistic and the sentiment from Itty Bitty Banners. I used a piece of dsp from the scraps box for the background.
The envelopes I added the fern leaves in two colours of green to finish off.
Cute little notelets made with just a few lovely stamps… This set is going nowhere!