I decided to use both types of embossing for my card for CHNC this week.
I used the woodland embossing folder and a shim to leave the centre part flat and then used my clarity brush to add ink to the cardstock and show the texture.
Then I stamped the sentiment and embossed it with a blue powder. I then added some stickles and the die cut silver tree.
Today’s theme at Craftyhazelnuts Christmas challenge is “quick and easy”… well my card was so quick and easy I made three…
Step one… stamp sentiment (in this case the Carols for Christmas sentiment) in ink in the centre of a card blank front.
Step two… add ink to a small gelli plate and spray lightly with water. Stamp the gelli plate down over the sentiment and lift so ink puddles in a few different places but keeps roughly to shape of plate.
Step three… add sequins to embellish!
Want to step it up a little… emboss the sentiment in Black…
Or even multicoloured embossing powder to create an ombre look…
In total the three cards took 10 minutes (plus drying time for ink and glue) and are a one layer card so good for postage. They are perfect for mass producing as everyone is unique but the steps are simple to reproducing.
Wonder what everyone else’s quick and easy cards are… I’m popping over to the blog to find out.
Today I have three cards to share. I struggled a little with an idea and then remembered that Deck the Halls was on one of these stamps so decided to keep it simple with a focus on the sentiment stamping.
Check out the video showing how I made these.
Today I have four ATCs I’ve made using my favourite medium ever… distress oxides! So yes another entry for the Paperartsy challenge on their blog and four ATCs towards my 365 challenge. But once again I’ve broken the no more Christmas in August rule… and made 4 ATCs as card toppers for my Christmas card stash.
I started with a piece of cream cardstock from the stash A5 size and used the square gel press mini to add the inks. I used broken china, peacock feathers, iced spruce and twisted cotton.
This provided a pattern to the colour albeit a loose pattern. Next I added stamping and stencilling. I used a mixture of SU stamp sets new and old and used the same colours of ink to add the stamping and the stencilling.
Then I cut my pieces… I cut them slightly smaller than the ATCs and also cut some cardstock to the right size for the bases.
I do have some little pieces leftover but none big enough to make into a complete atc so I’ve set those aside to use another time.
Then I went about adding feature stamping. For two I added stamps from a retired stamp set… White Christmas.
Then I used Wonderland for this one.
Then the last one I used Carols of Christmas to add the baubles and deer silhouette.
I used the Tim Holtz stickers for simple sentiments. I love all of these and they are quite flat so perfect for card toppers for when the time comes to mount them and make them into Christmas cards.
Ooops… I did say no more Christmas cards before the end of August… but then I accidentally made one! Ha ha ha!
It started off as a scrap of card and before I knew it … it was a Christmas card!
Using Sheet Music, Watercolour wash and the Carols of Christmas turned a few pieces of card onto a fun vintage themed card. Ah well so much for my leaving Christmas until after August had finished!