Ooops… I did say no more Christmas cards before the end of August… but then I accidentally made one! Ha ha ha!
It started off as a scrap of card and before I knew it … it was a Christmas card!
Using Sheet Music, Watercolour wash and the Carols of Christmas turned a few pieces of card onto a fun vintage themed card. Ah well so much for my leaving Christmas until after August had finished!
Two quick cards I made using the happy celebrations stamps with the Carols of Christmas stamp set.
I also videoed the process… here is the link.
Cute and simple cards…
Ideal for mass production too… conveyor belt stamping all the way!
Another card to share today from the mass card making session from two weekends ago. I used distress oxides to create the background and then added Sheet music stamping before heat embossing the main sentiment from Carols of Christmas and then the holly corners using my Claritystamps.
I adhered this onto a pre embossed scalloped card blank from the stash.
So nice. Will definitely be making some more like this in future… although I don’t have any more of these card blanks so will have to improvise on that part.
So today I came home early from work with a terrible headache. Managed a bit of sleep and now just having a quick time updating my blog before tea time. Fortunate that I have most of this ready to blog I have some super quick cards to share….
On all four I used the Happy stamp and stamped it directly onto the card blank using Distress Oxide in Black Soot.
Then I heat embossed the word Christmas from a random set in my stash using white embossing powder. Then I embellished two using the hanging ornaments from the Carols of Christmas set and added some doodles in white pen.
The second two I stamped some snowflakes and then added embossing powder and some glitter glue and then added a die cut Stag which I used black cardstock and added some glitter glue to his antlers.
Really simple but effective cards!
Another festive day today… and this time a resist technique using heat embossed stamping and then Stampin Write markers onto the mini gelli plate to add colour. I then matted them with different colours and added some different finishing touches.
All cards using the Carols of Christmas stampin up stamps (and the Wonderland stamps as well!)
And I made a quick video of the whole process… check it out on YouTube here.
Love these cute cards. So simple and yet so effective.
If you would like to create something like this and need these stamps or inks please do get in touch as I am now a Stampin Up demonstrator.
I made these 5 cards at the weekend using the swirly scribble thinlits from Stampin Up to create fun wreath motifs.
I started by stamping the Sheet Music background onto the card blanks. I used Mossy Meadow for this and then set them aside. I then die cut the swirly circles in two sizes.
I then stamped and hand cut the leaves and the baubles from the Carols for Christmas set. This took quite a while as I stamped a lot of them! Good job I am patient!
I then started to assemble them and made little banners for the sentiments. To each of the baubles I added some dazzling diamonds clear glitter glue to add sparkle.
The last two I changed it up a bit and used the pointsettia flower instead of the baubles. I did add the glitter to the centre of the flowers on this one.
And on the last one I added some champagne shimmer ink to the die cut and then just added the pointsettia flowers.
I love how these came out and they were well worth the effort of fussy cutting out so many tiny pieces.
So I’ve been away from crafting because the parents are staying but yesterday I got some crafting done and made a start on the Christmas cards the parents have requested. So be prepared for a week of christmas starting here.
Of course I had to start with some ATC sized ones to get some more towards the challenge plus to start my creativity flowing!
I’ve also bitten the bullet and signed up as a Stampin Up demonstrator so this was using SU products (mainly) to create a mixed media style cardtoppers. I have to say I am quite impressed with how they came together. The card blanks I used and the mounts were not SU but they were just from the stash I had to hand.
I stuck the camera on whilst I played so you can check out my process here on YouTube and ended up with these 8 cards!
So that’s me into the 300’s on my ATC challenge…. Just 62 to go! Woo hoo!