Today I have a tag I made for the UK stampers forum swap.
I chose to use some bright autumnal coloured paints as the bottom later and then sone crackle glaze with a grey paint on the top.
Then I added some stamping with the dictionary stamp.
I then decided to add the little Gorjuss girl stamp.
After cutting her out and colouring her, I decided to paper piece her dress from matching orange painted paper.
I added splashes of the Art Alchemy sparks paint to the background behind the girl and then added the sentiment and then some doodles of white paint pen.
I added sari ribbon to the top and decided it was finished.
So as per usual I made twinchies for the coin swap peeps… and kept to the same Back to Black theme. This first set of four was using black cardstock and the baked texture embossing powder in Deep Sea to add the dictionary stamping in the background and the butterfly embellishment. Also added the punched leaf from black cardstock and kept it plain as contrast. Then edged the pieces in black embossing powder to finish off.
Second set of four was another scrap piece of black cardstock and this time heat embossed with the handcarved stamp although didn’t ink it fully so it meant it was more of a loose stamping.Then I heat embossed the white splodges on top. Next I coated some cardstock with sparks paint and then heat embossed one of the Watercolour wings stamps before using a punch to punch out the butterfly.
I then used the Tap Tap Tap sentiment which I heat embossed in white and then finished the twinchies off with white gel pen doodles.Pictures don’t really show the sparkle and shine on these but they are fab in real life.Then another pair of twinchies…
Next a set of six…More embossing and this time one embossed background with white craft ink stamped and embossed which created cool effect on the leaves. Then punched and stamped butterflies on top.
Next up a set of eight. Again an embossed background this time using the world map stamp and then the simply sketched leaves using different powders.I found a butterfly in a magazine stamp set and embossed them onto the black card using white powder.Finally two using scraps of patterned paper, and embossed flower and embossed details on punched butterflies.Some fun twinchies … all back to black but also with butterflies thrown in for this month’s theme too!
Yes I am still going strong with this year’s Index card a day challenge.
These are days 30 through to 35. Lots of different mediums, colours and styles being used. Really love the funky hair one with the frame and that Indigo Blu fish is fab!
And then the next six days…
I adore the baked texture embossing powder on the modelling paste stencilled word on the last one, and then the contrast of that with the cute panda, and then the sketch of day 36!
Hope you enjoyed seeing this collection of cards.
So I had lots of fun with my friends at last night’s crafty session. We each made a background….
Then we cut them up to a template and swapped pieces so that we would make 5 cards… two with the backgrounds we had made and the other three cards would be using one piece from the others.
So my cards … well if I am honest I finished them after work tonight before I put everything away… but they were mostly done last night…
Using my pieces of background…
From the piece that Mara made…
From the piece Mo made…
And finally the piece that Kathie made…
I loved being able to work with the panels others had made and love how different they all were. I must admit that as I had the luxury of a bit more time than just during the session I did add a few extra bits (the additional elements like the flowers and butterflies) but kept to the same available materials as at the session.
Really good fun!
Today I have another video (3 in a row) to share with you and three ATCs I made for a swap Lindsay Mason organised where the theme was I Remember.
I chose to go for a poppy and Remembrance Sunday interpretation and here is what I made.
I used distress oxides to create the background and then an old stamp from Stampin Up to heat emboss the poppy image.
Love how these came out and really enjoyed creating them.
Another set of cards to share today… using the fabulous Wonderland stamps from SU and some old stash and the fab Distress oxide inks.
I created a masterboard and then cut out four ATCs to use as card toppers. These then got the trees heat embossed on them and then the sentiments cut out and added with some wooden accents I had also heat embossed with white. I finished them with a sequin centre for the snowflakes.
I stuck all four to some pre embossed card blanks.
I had some strips of masterboard left and this is what I did with it…
All in all a lovely set of cards all from one masterboard playing session!
This month there was a new swap arranged for UK stampers … to decorate a tag. I chose to do one of my black tags. Although there is very little black by the end.
Gesso brushed roughly on the tag to provide a good prime for the surface and then added some distress oxide in blues and greens.
I stamped the Dictionary background randomly all over and then the Everything Eleanor swirl. I also added some stencilling with a Paperartsy stencil.
I then grabbed some scraps of paper and added paint and ink and then added it to the tag. Onto this I stencilled the iridescent medium triangles.
The main feature is the heat embossed post & butterfly stamp panel (an old Craft stamper freebie stamp) which I coloured using distress stains. The sentiment is a finnabair one. I did lots of doodling and outlining and then added some fun pieces of trim and ribbon to finish off.
Such fun to make.