Last weekend I spent the day on zoom with the Scrimpys SU team doing all sorts of lovely crafty stuff and chat.
The first project was a one sheet wonder using 6×6 dsp from the Flowers for every seasons suite. The project was designed by Karen. And it was a lovely template to use.
Here are my cards…
I added cardstock to the basic kit that Amanda had supplied and a bit of extra ribbon but love how these came out.
I also chose some embossing folders from the stash to add texture to the back panels.
Love how bright and cheery these cards are. And how easily I put them together during the zoom call. The most complicated bits were choosing which of the beautiful papers to use and then which sentiment to use.
Using some blocks of colour with the background panels really changed how the one sheet wonder looked and I love it!
So I signed up to do a till roll swap. Rule was to make 3 foot long strips of artwork using the till roll. So here is what I made…
I did lots of stamping and used washi tape. I also added small bits of text print, raffle tickets, stamped sentiments and some correction tape and posca pens.
I added the main feature of the images which I actually received in a swap and some Paperartsy fresco finish paint. Then I used some foiling which I hadn’t used in ages so that we fun and pens for doodling.
Then I did a bit of hand sewing on each to add texture…. this you have to be gentle with or choose areas where there are other layers adhered to strengthen.
I also used my heat tool to make the thermal roll react which creates such a cool effect.
It was one of the princess’ friends birthday this week and so I made a card especially for Lily.
I stamped and coloured the image using promarkers to look a little like Lily… this included researching her eye colour by following her on Instagram! Yes I was thorough in my research! Ha ha ha!
I decided that the phone image was perfect for Lily as I often see her via Snapchat videos on M’s phone!
Once I coloured her I found this patterned paper that colour matched nicely and some grey and tranquil tide cardstock.
I dry embossed the tranquil tide cardstock with an embossing folder and then used the star die to emboss in the grey card. I then also die cut it from a scrap to provide the star embellishments which I added the spectrum noir silver sparkle pen to.
I then did some stamp surgery so I could have the long banner type sentiment using this Eclectic Expressions stamp.
For the envelope I added splodges of Tranquil Tide and some letter stamps to add Lily’s name and more of the star die cuts.
Love how this turned out. Really enjoy creating for the girls in M’s life as I know how important they are to her.
You may recall that last month I made a background where I then cut out three circles to make coins and one ATC… well I finished the ATC in a similar way to gift with the coins as a surprise for the recipient.
Once the coins were finished I used the same set of stamps to find a rectangle one for the ATC. Just like the coins I added colour with the distress oxide and added some wink of Stella and then added it to the card.
I finished it off with a dotted border using the white paint pen and some black enamel accents dots.
Love how this came out and how it complimented the coins…
UK Stampers forum have joined in with the new craze of Artist Trading Coins … and this month there is an anything goes swap where we make three coins for a swap partner. I decided to make mine into a set that were similar themes…
I started with this background using distress oxides, distress resist spray and some stamping.
Then I die cut three circles (and an ATC) from it…
Next I stamped and embossed the images I wanted to use from an Art deco set I got a few years ago from Creative Stamping Magazine. After heat embossing them I added colour using the same distress oxides and cut them out and added them to the coins.
Next I added sentiments and a little shading using a big brush pen. I decided they needed some more white so I also added the faux stitching using the white paint pen.
For a finishing touch they all got some wink of Stella on the main feature and then lots of dots of enamel accents which I think added some drama and tied in the black embossing and black sentiments.
I got these stanps a while ago but not really had time to play with them… so I made two cards…
Firstly I stamped pretty much all the stamps to create an interesting border on this card.
I went over the larger circle with wink of Stella to add shimmer and soften the stamping little and added the glimmer gems.
Next I chose a few colours of brusho and used the brusho to stamp technique for this.
The small dots were stamped onto the damp card so there was some bleeding too. Again wink of Stella and glimmer gems were added to bring out some sparkle. Love the effect of the brushos to create a modern abstract feature.
So there you go… fun with the Eclectic Expressions stamp set!
I’m entering these into the Happy Birthday challenge at All Sorts.