I’ve got the new alcohol lift-ink from Ranger and made a rather lengthy experiment video … here it is!
And here are the two cards I made by the end of the video…
Both rather difficult to photograph … but hopefully you can see what I made…
Love the lift-ink… think it opens up so many more options with alcohol ink backgrounds and of course with multicoloured stamping. Very very happy with my playtime.
Will share, of course, the other experimental pieces once they get made into something.
I made these 5 cards at the weekend using the swirly scribble thinlits from Stampin Up to create fun wreath motifs.
I started by stamping the Sheet Music background onto the card blanks. I used Mossy Meadow for this and then set them aside. I then die cut the swirly circles in two sizes.
I then stamped and hand cut the leaves and the baubles from the Carols for Christmas set. This took quite a while as I stamped a lot of them! Good job I am patient!
I then started to assemble them and made little banners for the sentiments. To each of the baubles I added some dazzling diamonds clear glitter glue to add sparkle.
The last two I changed it up a bit and used the pointsettia flower instead of the baubles. I did add the glitter to the centre of the flowers on this one.
And on the last one I added some champagne shimmer ink to the die cut and then just added the pointsettia flowers.
I love how these came out and they were well worth the effort of fussy cutting out so many tiny pieces.
So I’ve been away from crafting because the parents are staying but yesterday I got some crafting done and made a start on the Christmas cards the parents have requested. So be prepared for a week of christmas starting here.
Of course I had to start with some ATC sized ones to get some more towards the challenge plus to start my creativity flowing!
I’ve also bitten the bullet and signed up as a Stampin Up demonstrator so this was using SU products (mainly) to create a mixed media style cardtoppers. I have to say I am quite impressed with how they came together. The card blanks I used and the mounts were not SU but they were just from the stash I had to hand.
I stuck the camera on whilst I played so you can check out my process here on YouTube and ended up with these 8 cards!
So that’s me into the 300’s on my ATC challenge…. Just 62 to go! Woo hoo!
Yes this card was made because I found a punched out tree when trying to tidy my desk… so I made a card with it!
I made one too many trees for another project and must have left it on my desk as a result…. so grabbed two pieces of Cherry cobbler DSP and some green cardstock to make this card.
Easy as …
Today is my youngest cousin’s birthday! Happy birthday Shel!
Here is the card I made for her!
A lovely simple card, with a lovely colour combo of Tangerine Tango & Basic Grey using the Pleasant Poppies stamp as the main feature! With a bit of the Dictionary thrown in there on the topper panel!
Hope Shel likes the card I made for her!
I have recently had a bit of a tidy up! Mainly of the scrap box and got rid of things I really would never use by making the pieces big enough into envelopes for the lunch money for the princess! Ingenious use of paper that I otherwise would throw into the recycling! Or at least I think it is!
I have also been making up some quick and simple cards with the bits that were a bit to small to save but too pretty to throw away… Those really small bits and pieces you just can’t quite part with … So here is a selection of the cards I made using such cute bits and pieces!
A bright combination of Afternoon Daydreams, Summer Silhouettes & Papillion Pot Pourri with a splash of additional colour with the chevron ribbon!
Watercoloured Simply Sketched flower with my Inktense pencils (lush!) and used some random scraps of paper. Lovely little Itty bitty Banners sentiment too!
The fabulous Henry Says sits happily on the I am Me DSP scraps for this bright celebratory card!
Love how a delve in the scraps box can give me these three very different cards! I did some more but you will have to wait to see them!
Tonight I was meant to be hosting class at my house. Unfortunately due to my head and crappy depression I have had to cancel but thought as the blog post was already written to share what we were meant to be doing…
I decided to make use of some of the many tree stamps I have… But for once not Lovely as a Tree. The whole idea is that although I have designed the four cards below, people can choose whichever trees they want for their cards from the many on offer. It should be fun to see what people come up with from the materials on hand.
This makes use of paper piecing using the Print Poetry DSP stack from last year and the fun Unity Bella stamp. Love this technique, even if my lines did go a bit wonky!
A brayered background and a silhouette stamp are always a good combination… And the addition of the sentiment from Henry Says punched out of the ticket makes this a bit of a masculine card.
A Dylusions background with a stencil design and then a freebie stamp from a magazine make this card a bit different.
Some leaves from the French Foliage stamp set finish off this Clarity split tree stamped image perfectly.
Love using different stamps and creating four very different looks for this tree card class… Looking forward to seeing what others create! Hoping to rearrange to have the class next week instead!