As promised another #31productchallenge… and another swap … this time inchies… and six Halloween themed ones.
Started with the backgrounds I made on 1st October for the start of the challenge and chose two of them to cut into inchies.
So day 8 my product was my Stampin Up dye based inks to add the text stamping in the backgrounds in two different colours. I love these inks for stamping.
Then I finished off the inchies with embossed stamping and then realised they needed some frame so added the ink to the edge of them all.
So only one days contribution to the #31productchallenge but happy to be able to use a couple of those additional backgrounds I had created and love.
Last month at the postcard art swap the theme was shades of grey. Now I didn’t want to go with anything related to the books and instead just used the colour as the basis of the artwork.
I did include a little bit of fishnet pattern in the background but that is as far as I got towards ‘sexiness’.
I used a couple of texture stamps and different grey inks and then splashes of watercolour paints too.
I added a die cut butterfly which I inked with distress inks and then added some silver gel pen. I did add a tiny bit of purple sparks paint as I felt it needed that little pop of colour.
I joined in the postcard art exchange again this month. The theme was Monochrome and I must admit I struggled to think of what to do at first but then I saw the Gorjuss stamp I bought sitting on my desk begging to be used!
So this was masking and over stamping and paper piecing and fun stencil play!
At this point the texture paste (iridescent medium mixed with black gesso) needed to dry so it was a good time to take a picture. I used the lovely Ghoulish Grunge and Tape it stamps to add the background stamping and then the creative impressions mini stencil for the hearts.
I finished it off with a silver pen… and a little quote.
Love how this turns out and enjoyed playing with the limited colour scheme.
25 done…. already! Wowser!
And this is for another challenge!
I love the work of Marta who posts videos under Maremismallart on you tube. She had now got a fb group called the creative cafe and the challenge this year is a playing card with a theme every week. Week 1 (we’ve started a little late in the year) is ART.
My card isn’t going to be a playing card exactly but an ATC… if my card is the right size that’s fine… but I figure I will use a mixture of bases.
This started as the scratch paper from the class I did on Tuesday. I added distress ink and some stamping using the Ghoulish Grunge stamp.
I then grabbed the woodware stamps I bought last week and used them to add the feature and sentiment. Then I added some doodling using both a black pen and my white sharpie paint pen.
I now have week 2’s card to make…. hopefully should get this done in the next day or so.
On Tuesday I held a crafting session at mine with some friends and we made some ATC’S… here are my makes from the night…
I love how all three turned out… similar but not the same to the samples. Very nice.