The theme of the swap was eyes so I decided to use the Jane Davenport face stamp where you can choose the features. I’ve not used this stamp much but loved creating these three ATCs using the stamps.
I started with some mountboard cut using the Bigz die and gave it a coat of gesso. Then I dry brushed on some neutral colours of Paperartsy fresco finish paints (buff and taupe). I also added some of the smoked paprika so break up the background and because I knew I wanted to incorporate that into the hair colour too.
I then stamped using sepia ink the face and then the features using different eye stamps for each girls but keeping the lips and nose the same.
Then I added in hair for each using a mixture of browns and oranges. I also added colour to the lips and then the eyes I chose a teal/blue colour that really stood out.
I then used Inktense pencils and a waterbrush to add more definition to the eyes and some shading.
I also added a bit of subtle stamping to the background using yellow archival and a Gorgeous grunge stamp and then added the sentiment from a magazine set in the sepia ink.
I finished by edging them with archival ink to frame the panels.
Love how these came out. So different from everything else I have made recently.
A few days ago I shared a card for the Back to Basics and Beyond challenge blog where the challenge is to use a Spray.
Well once my hands were stained from one lot of Dylusions ink I might as well make another card!
This time I used the reds and pinks and yellows (it also had a little of the teal it picked up from a stencil!).
This time I used water to ghost the ink and create a subtle pattern in the background.
I then did some stamping using the Gummiapan text stamp, the Timeless Textures, the Be Crafty Banksy inspired stamp and some Alpaca Pals text stamps.
You can’t see it too well on the picture but I also sprayed the resist spray and added some embossing powder to it on one side through a stencil. It didn’t work out well but it adds some fun texture regardless.
I added lots of marks using black and white pens and I love this urban graphic themed card.
Today I am sharing the tag I made for last month’s swap at UK stampers forum.
I decided to use a new Gorjuss Girl stamp and paper piece and mask her to add more stamping and blended ink behind her.
I kept the colours bright and spring like using Twisted Citron, Tumbled Glass and Peacock feathers for the blending and stamping behind the girl. I also used some washi tape and stickers to add embellishments.
I paper pieced her outfit using Art by Marlene collage paper as the colours were perfect on the scrap I had out on the desk already. I also love using the coloured staples for adding an embellishment along with the sequins.
Some more coins and more Black ones. This time the background also had the metallic splats from the Gorgeous grunge set.
I then added the embossing from the Handcarved stamp and black powder to add more texture.
Then I stamped and embossed the plane image from a magazine freebie set and added some detail to the images using the sparks paint. Finally I added the sentiment stamped and embossed in white and a bit of gel pen doodling.
Love the shine and the texture on these coins but kept them so they could be quite masculine too… would make a fab coin topper for a male card.
Another swap project…. This time a tag for UK stampers forum and the theme was anything goes… so i stuck the video on so you can watch the process… here.
And this is what I made…
Love all the textures and layers of colour and that embossing powder is amazing! I adore it!
So happy with how this came out and fun to make.
I needed a simple just because card and decided to make a one layer card using this fabulous bird stamp I got as a magazine gift recently… I just adore it … plus I have been slightly Hunger Games obsessed recently and it makes me think of the Mockingjay symbol.
… I stamped it in versafine and heat embossed it with clear powder. Then I added the Gorgeous Grunge splashes and splodges behind the image using distress oxide ink. I love the vibrancy of the inks.
Next I took the black soot and seedless preserve oxides and watercoloured the bird.
This made the bird stand out more but also made the black less stark and gave the bird some texture.
Love how this came out and will definitely be doing something similar to this again with this stamp.
Happy crafting !
So I had lots of fun with my friends at last night’s crafty session. We each made a background….
Then we cut them up to a template and swapped pieces so that we would make 5 cards… two with the backgrounds we had made and the other three cards would be using one piece from the others.
So my cards … well if I am honest I finished them after work tonight before I put everything away… but they were mostly done last night…
Using my pieces of background…
From the piece that Mara made…
From the piece Mo made…
And finally the piece that Kathie made…
I loved being able to work with the panels others had made and love how different they all were. I must admit that as I had the luxury of a bit more time than just during the session I did add a few extra bits (the additional elements like the flowers and butterflies) but kept to the same available materials as at the session.
Really good fun!