Today I have a swap to share with you. After struggling with my mojo for a while I managed a few hours crafting this past Saturday and although it took a while to get into it I was pleased to have some swaps I had to make to force me to continue rather than just give up. And in the end I was happy with my makes.
So the first was a set of inchies with the theme “Eye eye”.
I chose to go for distress oxide backgrounds and then these fun make a monster stamps. I kept to the same set of eyes on each row but on a different monster body.
I highlighted the eyes with white and black paint pens. Then I gave each inchie a coat of clear embossing powder to give them some shine.
I love how these turned out. I stuck them to a card for the recipient.
I’ve been participating in a few random atc swaps over the past few weeks … all part of keeping my inspiration going for this 365 challenge. Now is the time to share some of these…
This is the first one… the theme was monsters!
I used the Make a monster Stampin Up stamps and scratch paper and distress stain, clear glossy texture paste and a whole host of different random mediums to create this cool atc. Fun!
I also made this second one for the same event…
For this one I used the cute digital stamp from All dressed up and coloured them with distress inks. Then tore it out and layered onto a prepared atc which had tissue paper and black gesso on it. I then edged it with embossing powder to give it a metallic finish. I love how cool this looks.
The next challenge I joined in was a purple themed one… I did share a couple of ATC’S I made for this a few weeks ago but I also made this one…
This was a piece of cardstock I painted with the deco arts fluid acrylic paint and some white Dylusions paint. I added some tissue paper and some scraps of white paper to the base and then stamped and embossed around the edges.
I added the finnabair butterfly (my princess actually coloured this is for me) and then the sentiment. I added some Inktense to edges and to define the features.
And another one for the purple on purple swap… I used scratch paper and Inktense pencils and the fab art alchemy paints to create this and then used a piece of book print as the base.
Finally I have two cards made for the #52cafecards challenge…. eclipse and folk art.
This was so satisfying and easy to make. Black gesso on the base with white gel pen and then torn black cardstock with silver paint wiped on the rip. Then a sticker circle and the words. Done!
And the folk art below was hand drawn using pictures on the Internet as inspiration and the painted with the art alchemy paints then doodled over the top. Fun and shiny!
OK so I think that’s the random ones caught up for now!
About eight weeks ago I couldn’t sleep but did have an idea in my head for an alternative sample for last nights inky gelli plate journal class… And it was to create something completely and utterly different! So I got up and made this at about 3am!
The stamp in the background is a hand carved one I made ages ago, the monsters are from Make a Monster set and the sentiment is a Darkroom Door one.
A simple, fun piece for my journal… Not bad for a 3am make either!
Firstly I have to share this news… In February my blog was visited by over 200 people… Wowsers! Thanks everyone! I think it might be because I actually shared some of my work via challenges etc, but still… As I don’t know 200 people i am a little stunned! It is spurring my to keep doing what I am doing … Creating and crafting because I want to and not to meet some other need… This seems to be the key to success!
Now what have I got for you today… This card was made for my cousins son for his 6th birthday several weeks ago… But being as rubbish as I am at posting things or getting these cards to the recipients in time for the birthday I am only sharing it now as he has only just received it!
So without further ado… Here it is!
I used lots of things to make it… Simply Stars stamps, Make a Monster stamps, little banners from Henry Says stamps, Itty Bitty banners, some gems, painted cardstock and of course some googlie eyes!
So all the red and blue cardstock was white card that I painted to give a nice texture, then everything was either stamped on plain white or on the painted cardstock. I added the monsters onto some acetate strips to get them to float.
Happy Monday one and all!
Time to get all real and nice and BRIGHT!
Ok I confess I made this card ages ago and thought I would keep it ready to share when I reached Real red in the Colour My Monday challenge. It was a card I made for my youngest great nephew’s 1st birthday… And I chose Make a Monster for the stamp set as he is a real cheeky monster!
I used Postively Chevron to stamp the background paper, and then used the colour combo of Gumball Green, Pacific Point & Elegant Eggplant to stamp both the banners for bunting and the little monsters! Of course I had to add the googlie eyes to finish it off!