Gelli prints make some interesting backgrounds and I had to use this one on book print to create the background for the scene.
I added the stamped image from Mediterranean Moments and then added some subtle colour using my promarkers.
Next I added the word “a hug” which was on one of the pieces of book paper I had … perfect.
I took a piece of Whisper White and used my new wood texture embossing folder to add some subtle texture. Then mounted the artwork onto the embossed card panel, added the twine and then added it to the kraft card blank.
I have three ATCs to share tonight that I made for a swap where the theme was to make them with three different techniques.
First I went for watercokouring a stamped image using inks. I love these Mediterranean Moments stamps for this. I started the whole thing off with a light brayered ink background and mounted it onto a black atc panel.
The second card was using distress inks and a stencil to create the background. I love this beautiful flowery background. I then heat embossed the sentiment.
And the final one… I went for a mixed media assemblage with lots of yummy texture and fun art alchemy paints.
These were such fun to make. And another three towards my 365 target! In fact I have a plan for the final 65 so think there may be a bit of slow down on the ATCs in the coming months as I take a break from blogging daily (holidays etc. get in the way!). But don’t worry I will finish my challenge and no doubt will not stop making ATCs when I hit the target.
Another monthly swap at Artful ATCs and this time the theme is… through the window.
So I started with a die cut window from my stash that I painted with black gesso.
I then took a panel I had stencilled and blended distress inks onto and stamped an image from Mediterranean Moments. I then added some Hickory Smoke ink to the edge which would be outside the window and left the inside brighter… I also added some light shading to the image.
I then layered it up and added heat embossing across the whole panel. I then did a dymo label for the title.
Next I took the stamps from Creative Stamping magazine and made a scene for through the porthole.
I added gesso to a light green piece of card then added layers of distress oxide. I then stamped the seahorses and the seaweed.
I then stamped the porthole on separate paper and cut it out. I then added the colour using distress stains.
I once again coated it all with versamark and embossing powder.
Another postcard swap… and this time a choice of drink for the theme!
I decided to go with the idea of a cafe when I spotted the stamp on Mediterranean Moments.
I started with a piece of packaging and added gesso in both white and black. I then added the Tim Holtz tissue wrap using the Matt medium.
I then started adding the distress oxides and then used some more gesso in one patch in particular where I then stamped the image.
Around the edge of the image I added more stamping using the distress oxides. I also added some edging with the black gesso. I then stamped and heat embossed the title.
Finally I added some clear texture paste through a stencil. Hopefully the recipient liked it.
I’ve been away for a few days so no blog posts from me. I’ve been to York for a few days with the princess… including a trip to the beautiful York Minster….
Where we made it up the 273 steps to the top of the central tower.
We also managed to get to Jorvik viking museum
And the railway museum …
And the theatre and shoe shopping and icecream eating and yummy food eating… Oh and to York Dungeon to be scared silly too!
We came home on Friday and then after one night back in our beds we set off for an overnight jaunt to New Brighton with the hubby and princess to see Remembering Fred and then today a lovely walk at Hoylake, and lunch and an ice cream at Parkgate. Lovely!
But glad to be home now and I got a bit of creative time in the craft room this afternoon.
I had dumped everything after Tuesday’s class in the room and so it took a bit of clearing and tidying during which I managed to unearth what I had made during the class and turn them into atcs!
This was using distress oxides to watercolour the Mediterranean Moments stamped image. It was originally on a circular card but I decided to cut it down to make an ATC instead.
Again instead of keeping this as a card identical to the sample I cut it down and the background card too to make the ATC and then added the stamped sentiment.
And finally the ATC I made in the class…
I chose a different sentiment and colour scheme from the sample. Very grungey! I love it.
Looking forward to staying at home for the next couple of nights in my own bed … just a shame it’s back to school for the princess and work for me. Ah well… happy memories made!
Maybe I will scrap some of the pictures at some point too!
Tonight I’m welcoming friends to my house to play with distress oxide inks. I am in love with these inks and am sure they will love them too!
Here are the samples I have made for the class …
Distress background technique….
Blending and splatters…
Heat emboss resist…
Yes of course I couldn’t resist adding an ATC into the mix. A fairly ambitious set of projects for a couple of hours but hopefully we will get there fairly easily.
Will post with the results of the class another day!