This evening I am going to celebrate the marriage of Jayne (one of my raggy doll sisters) and Simon along with a few of my other raggy doll sisters. I can’t wait!
So as by this time I will be partying this is a scheduled post to show you the card I made.
I chose to use Spellbinders dies for the background and then Stampin Up Petal Palette stamps and dies for the floral elements and the Mr and Mrs stamp again from Stampin Up. I kept to a soft pink colour palette using two tones of pink cardstock and watercolouring the flowers which I had embossed in the champagne embossing powder.
I gave the elements some dimension with foam tabs and added some dots of liquid pearls around the focal images.
Love how this all looked. The inside of the card is similar but a lot more simple…
Leaving me plenty of room for my message of love to the happy couple!
So happy for Jayne and Simon. May they enjoy a lifetime of happiness together.
Not created a pop up card in a box for a while… so it was nice to mix up the cardmaking and mixed media stuff I’ve been sharing with this 3d creation.
I started with a piece of cardstock and used a template I found for a smaller size pop up box that is 4×4 in size when folded.
Then I chose papers in nice bright colours to add to each panel.
Then added some decoration using Petals and More dies and the same papers. Next I heat embossed butterflies on the papers and cut them out and added these on to some acetate strips so they could float out of the box! And two of the little ones on the top and front panel.
Finally I added the sequins and a sentiment to finish off!
So so cute.
Looking forward to visiting all of the other teams creations and seeing their pop up box cards. Please visit the blog Here.
Today I have 6 atcs to share which I’ve made for a swap where the rule is to use mainly one colour. I chose purple as my colour and made 6 different cards based on the same background.
I started with a piece of mountboard and added colour to it using a dry brush and my fresco finish paints and also using the Seth Apter printing technique to get a few layers into the background. Then I cut out the 6 atcs.
I know they look a little pink here but in natural light they are more purple.
Then I treated each of them differently to create the individual ATCs.
This first one I added the Postscript background stamp with white heat embossing and then the feather with purple embossing. I then added distress ink to add more colour to the feather area and add more focus.
Next is the Tim Holtz Crazy Bird. I coloured the bird with Distress inks and a waterbrush (Kassa style) and then cut it out. I added a layer of vellum underneath the bird which I raised up on foam pads to give it some dimension. For the background I added some stamping using the handcarved stamp and distress oxide which I added clear embossing to. I finished it off with some glossy accents for the the eyes.
Card number three I added a diecut hot air balloon. I die cut this from card I had coloured with distress inks and then paper pieced the white elements. Then added some wink of Stella and a little bit of pink to the heart. I raised this up onto foam tabs for dimension. The background I added lots of shimmer using mica and then heat embossed it in clear before I added some stencilled letters using the same purple paint and a Dylusions stencil.
Card 4… I stencilled using a darker purple the flower stencil and when that was dry I replaced the stencil and added the glitter paste. Kept it simple for this one as that glitter really does the job on making an impact!
Card 5… I decided to make a posy jar. I found some cute jar tags in my Artful Days goodie box stash and cut the top off so I could add my posy and then gave the kraft tag lots of layers of distress oxides. I stamped and die cut the Petal Palette flowers from some inked card and added more colour to the actual flowers using the inks. I also added distress inks and oxides onto the background which gave it a more watery look and a little bit of washi tape to added a different texture. I finished with the wink of Stella all over the jar and some white paint pen.
Final card… I added more stamping using distress oxides and the handcarved stamp in the background. Then I stencilled the oxides and heat embossed the stars. I loved the subtle texture this gave.
Then I added a Trish Latimer girl which I had coloured using the Paperartsy fresco finish paints and promarkers for her skin. I cut her out and added with foam tabs for dimension and then added glossy accents to the star.
So that’s all 6 cards…
Super happy with all of them! Hopefully the recipient likes them too!