My twinchies for the coin swap group for last month’s ‘words to live by’ swap were made in a couple of batches… first lot were made using leftover gelli printed and brayered off book print. I knew I wanted to use the word grow again so I stamped the flowers from Serene silhouettes and there was enough for eight inchies.
I punched out the main part of the image (2 weren’t quite wide enough to be the full circle but I didn’t think that mattered in the end). I then glued them down onto the coloured cardstock twinchies I had made from scraps. I thought these two colours worked well with the colours on the backgrounds.
Next I added doodling on each and the stamped part of a Clare Lloyd stamp to get the word grow.
Again I doodled round the titles to make them work with the focal image.
Really happy with batch one… especially as it meant I used up some scraps… but of course 8 would not be enough for all the swap participants so I had to make some more… but that happened on another day.
A few days later I used some distress oxide on watercolour cardstock and then stamped and embossed the flowers with white powder.
I then added some additional colour onto the image using the oxides and a waterbrush. Next I added the sentiment.
And finally I made eight more to make sure there were enough for everyone…
These I used the Awesomely Artistic floral stamp for the focal images and coloured them with two colours of pink SU inks and a green for the leaves.
Love how this looked on the pink cardstock… And the splatter stamp worked well too. Stamped my word onto separate card and then cut it and adhered it onto the twinchies.
And then three more swaps turned up… so three more quick twinchies made…