I unearthed the alcohol lift-ink experiments I made a week or so ago and made one into a card.
I love the pattern and details in the panel. I added a few mounts and the sentiment and then added some patterned papers below. The bottom layer I received as a gift in a swap and kept it as it was so pretty and it was calling out to be used for this card. The other I added some stencilling using a stencil brush.
I decided it needed a die cut so used the little hot air balloon and then card candi to finish off.
I see these little videos on YouTube with people celebrating their favourite supplies of the year… of course they are all affiliated so not entirely sure how much I trust their judgements so instead I thought I would share my favourites of 2017!
Of course I couldn’t not mention ATCs given this year has been all about these small works of art. I challenged myself to create 365 in the year and I exceeded the challenge by a long shot.
I’ve made mixed media 3d cards, hand drawn cards, stamped cards and even pocket letters! I’ve participated in swaps all over the world and made most of my Christmas cards using ATCs as the toppers. So my favourite artworks of the year…
I think these stick in my mind as favourites… so in no particular order…
Halloween pocket letter
Work of art
I could go on… there were after all over 400 to choose from! So for now this will do.
So my favourite supplies for making ATCs are… pretty much anything I can grab quickly and smaller sized stamps.
Hope you enjoyed this little refresher on my ATC journey.
Will be back with another favourites list of 2017 tomorrow if I get a chance.
Today I have some ATCs to share today made for a fun swap I am involved in… an alphabet swap! The plan is to make an ATC for each of the letters of the alphabet… or at least as many as I can… this is where I am up to.
A is for aeroplane…
B is for butterfly … (this might look familiar as I actually shared this a few days ago!)
E is for elephant…
F is for flowers…
G is for giraffe…
H is for house….
O is for owl…
P is for puppy…
Q is for queen…
R is for rabbit…
So this is the progress so far… I have a while before I have to finish the rest and I already have another few in progress. Cam imagine that the more unusual letters will make for some challenges!!! So pleased I moved away from being OCD and creating them in order… this is so much more fun doing them a bit at a time.
Will make sure I share the next batch when they are finished.
Here are some ATCs I made using different techniques and bits and pieces off the desk…. I filmed what I was upto… And originally this was for a swap but I missed the deadline for joining in… ah well never mind! Still 5 more in the bag for my 365 challenge!
This first one is a distress oxide background and watercolouring.
Next up…. distress ink on gesso and some embossing…
Then there is … A doodles background and then a die cut to finish off.
And then a painted background and some magazine collage.
And finally … lots of texture and an inky coloured flower stamp.
So five very different pieces of art and another five for the challenge.