Recently a lovely lady has joined our gang of crafting friends… Mo… And she has fit in wonderfully into the group. It was her birthday last week so I made her this quick card using the resist technique and plenty of ink.
I love the way the embossed flower shines out from the coloured background, and the yellows are a little brighter in real life than they are on the photo. I used the Sunflower stamp for the focal point, Beautiful birthday for the sentiment and Gorgeous Grunge in the background stamping.
Best wishes Mo!
Does everyone have a problem using up scraps of paper, or throwing them away, or is it just me? My scrap box gets out of control quite quickly, so a few weeks ago I started to clear it out and use some of the bits that had accumulated and were too small to save, but needed using and not just recycling.
Here is batch number two of said cards!
Bright and busy DSP lent itself to a simple card with the addition of a sentiment, a scrap of ribbon and the two cute butterflies!
Some more chevron ribbon, a punched sentiment, and a lovely stamped and water coloured flower from the classy Everything Eleanor stamp set. Perfect.
Another classy card. This time Four Frames to provide the sentiment frame, and a little bit of decoupage to finish off. Once again chevron ribbon is fab!
Back to the modern look, some cocktails and some texture from the embossing folder. And a different ribbon this time… Some scrap red silky ribbon.
Finally something a bit different again…
The Sunflower stamp, teamed with grungy papers and some print (First Edition) and the added splotches from Gorgeous Grunge. Fab!
Not bad for an hours play and using up scraps!
I have wanted the sunflower stamp since I first saw it but it took a while before I managed to get it… And then having got it it took a few months before I used it! Doh! Why exactly I have no idea but hey I suppose it’s the way it goes sometimes!
Anyways eventually I decided to play with it and here is the first experiment
I took some inked paper that had been Dylusions spray ink through a mask and then I stamped the Sunflower by inking it with the Stampin write markers and then spritzing it with water before stamping.
I actually stamped it twice but it really is just as a background.
Then I used the same technique but this time onto white paper… The bottom image was without the water spritzing to give a cleaner image.
Next it was time to start fussy cutting…
Adding a bit of colour to the reverse of the top layer…
And remembering to shape the petals as flowers aren’t flat!
Next I decide I want some elements to shine, so embossing pen and clear powder to heat emboss…
At which point I dislike the finished item and can’t work out what to do next… So I grab my embellishment box, find some flowers and a fabric covered brad, then stamp a sentiment, mount it on some zingy yellow card and then onto a card blank. Not 100% happy with this… But sometimes you learn from the mistakes you make, and the final product was ok I think, even if not what I expected when i started!
What I do love however is what I did inside the card and envelope… Next use of the stamp will definitely be for a clean and simple card!