I decided to go a little different for this week’s CHNC challenge of use some red and went fabric based for my card topper.
I started with a square of holly printed fabric and glued it to some paper for stability then used a bit of muslin and stamped the sentiment.
My stayzon is not very juicy though and it didn’t stamp well so I went over it with a sharpie and that worked fine.
Then I layered the piece of muslin onto some Hessian and sewed it together. I also did my usual messy stitching round the square.
Then I cut out one of the holly motifs from another square of fabric and added that and a wooden Angel embellishment to the topper.
A lovely textural card topper and actually quite simple to do… I have quite a few fabric squares so may make some more like this to add to the collection.
But for now I wonder how others have interpreted the red challenge for the CHNC blog.
A couple of weeks ago I did some Christmas card making whilst the princess made hers… it was fun to create a few none ATC ones for a change.
I used the square gelli plate to create some fun backgrounds with distress oxides. Then went to town with stamping and embossing. These first two I added to some embossed backgrounds and kept them nice and simple.
The other four I added to bright card blanks with some fun patterned papers from the stash.
Loved having some fun creative time.
Tonight its playtime with friends and we are making Christmas ATCs which we will turn into cards… and we are making 6 of them! Yes it sounds like a challenge but sure we can pull it off! I actually made 8 as samples but I think thay might be a bit much with only one mini gelli plate between us!
I used distress inks in a range of colours that I thought worked as Christmas colours.
I love how these all came out… such beautiful panels to work with… and each one is it’s own work of art. So then I pulled out a few sets of stamps and made the panels into the individual toppers.
So there are my 8 works of art… next step to cut them out and mount them before adding them to a card blank… Will update later with the final samples and of course pics of what we end up with tonight!
Later edit… here are the samples… I added a few simple embellishments and mounted them all onto the dark green ATCs I had die cut. Then added them all onto C6 card blanks… one with an additional piece of patterned paper as I wanted to show that they work with the patterned paper too! I doodles round some and on others raised them up on foam tape to add dimension. I also added wink of stella to a few elements to give some shimmer. (The other two did get made into cards too but didn’t provide them as samples for the class!)
And a much later edit… here is what I made tonight… I only managed to make three cards but I made lots and lots of backgrounds to make into something another day!
One more Brusho play atc to share with you today. I chose some cheap watercolour paper to work on and created this vibrant blue background.
I love the specks of purple in it too so decided to add purple embossing for the main feature and then created a base on which I added lots of rich purple embossing!
Love how rich this looks and the combination of the watercolour with the shiny texture of the embossing.
Today I have a video to share with you of a couple of ATCs I made which are part of the Countdown to Christmas makes…
I made a few ‘oopsies’ along the way but I love how they both turned out.
Check out the video here.