Another set of butterfly coins, this time for UK stampers forum.This time I chose papers from the Making Cards magazine scraps from the desk and added them to the wooden coins. Then I added washi tape across each and a diecut border in a different colour for each which I got as a gift in a swap.Next I heat embossed the coffee stain stamp onto each and then added some more texture across the bottom using another Timeless Textures stamp.I edged each with worn lipstick distress ink and added a little stamping too.Next on another piece of the patterned paper I stamped the Watercolour Wings butterflies in similar colours and cut them out.I added some gems to each.And then using shrink plastic I added the sentiment Fly using a Paperartsy Hot Picks stamp.Love how these came out. Really love the Watercolour Wings stamps… so lovely to work with and come up with different colour combos.Happy crafting!Catherine
Today I have 5 cards I made yesterday using the latest Making Cards magazine paper collection kit.
I filmed the process which you can watch here.
I love these papers and ran out if time making cards… I know I could have made many many more!
Love how all of these turned out. The colours are so lush and summery.
Will be back with more makes from this collection in the future I am sure.
I really liked the card I made for my friend the other day so I made another one similar.
I used similar colours of the Hunkydory cardstock and some mirror card. I then heat embossed the beautiful sentiment onto vellum.
I also added the swirly diecut under the butterfly.
I can’t believe I’ve waited so long to use the Happy wishes stamps… this is gorgeous, especially with this champagne embossing.
Today is the birthday of my lovely work friend Sue and I made her a card from all of the team.
I chose a large A5 card and used Everything Eleanor swirl stamp to add some colour to the background.
I used some old Hunkydory papers layered up and then some die cuts.
I then used Watercolour Wings to create the focal butterfly.
I love the foiling on the papers and the layers and different textures the die cuts create.
Hi there. Sorry I have been AWOL for the past few days. After our trip away and the wedding weekend I’ve not really stopped and made room for crafting… but today that changed and I’ve spent most of the day being creative. It’s been fab!
I started by catching up on some of the #52playingcardchallenge I’ve been doing this year… I had 4 weeks to catch up on. So over the course of a few hours I managed to get 4 cards made.
1. Round and round
2. Lady in Red
I videoed the process so here is the link.
I love how different they all are and am especially in love with the cow one! Love the Teesha Moore style of this.
Yesterday we celebrated the wedding of Tracy and Mark in the beautiful lake district. Today I can share the card I made for them.
I die cut the flowers from some ombre cardstock and layered them onto vellum and a layer of kraft card and sewed it to adhere it.
Then the butterfly was using the fab watercolour wings and I did one layer of the butterfly into vellum and then another onto whisper white. The vellum one I then heat embossed with clear to give it some texture.
Underneath the butterfly I added some die cut flourishes and sprigs which I added ink to some to give some definition and the sentiment from a Woodware set on a die cut label. The finishing touch was lots of pearl gems scattered around the cluster.
Inside the card I created a panel and edged it lightly with the Wisteria Wonder ink and then stamped the butterfly using the same colours (2nd generation ink) as on the front and added the stamped message.
Really happy with how this intricate card looked and wishing the happy couple love and happiness for their future.
And as an aside the gift bag I got matches the card with the days schedule left in our hotel perfectly so I think I judged them just right.
Because I chose kraft as the base for my card I can also share it on the Paperartsy challenge blog... Love all the inspiration Darcy provides.
And of course I’m going to share a pic or two from yesterday…
It has been a while since I did a one sheet wonder but I felt like having fun with paper and set to on this one sheet wonder project.
I tried to use up bits off the desk as I was building them after the initial cardstock mats etc. I built them up bit by bit too rather than just rushing in to get things stuck down.
So here was the starting point…
A piece of retired Stampin Up Tea for two dsp that I happen to love both sides of.
I teamed it with Early Espresso and old olive cardstock. The early espresso is also the coredinations cardstock so wonderful for distressing.
Next to start adding focal images…
A real hotchpotch of stuff going on… scraps of vellum, die cuts, images from magazine kits and embossing. I had so much fun popping images and scraps from the desk in with these.
So then I started assembling and decided I wanted sewing to feature on most with the quilted type paper as the inspiration. So I added machine stitching to most but not all and the started with the assembling and finishing off.
So I started with some images leftover from making cards magazine…
These first two don’t have any sewing but instead added some twine and ribbon. The next two however have sewing and the lovely cute images.
Now I move onto my fave stamp set… petal palette…
More die cutting and vellum and embossing and some pretty cards were created.
And finally three different cards … the gorgeous watercolour wings…
This one I created some inchies using the butterfly basics stamp set and heat embossed in clear the post script background stamp on the early espresso cardstock.
The last one uses a die of the white rabbit as a focal point. I adore this die and it was gifted to me by a kind friend… thanks M xxx
So there we have it… all of the cards from my one sheet wonder! Hope you enjoyed them as much as I did making them.
Such fun playing with this paper!