Whilst I had the water colours out to play I made three cards using the lovely Petal Palette new stamps from SU. I did the stamping using the stamp platform to make stamping all three panels super easy and then coloured the images using watercolours.
I then chose to finish each with a different sentiment. This one is a gentle happy birthday using the Watercolor Words stamps and then I added the glitter dots to add some shimmer.
Next I chose to do another with the watercolor words stamps. This time I chose a different colour embossing powder and stickles.
The final card I chose the happy celebrations stamps and embossed the large celebrate and then stamped the rest of the sentiment in the same grey archival as the flowers. I also chose liquid pearls for the dots for this.
This is a beautiful stamp to use and I can see me using it lots and lots in future for these simple but beautiful cards.
Entering these into the watercolour anything goes challenge at happy little stampers and the embossing challenge at stamp ink paper.
Tonight friends will be gathering at mine for a crafting session where the theme I chose was watercolour! Now given I am not an art teacher nor do I know how to watercolour in the way you might be thinking…. I instead chose to add colour in a watery way… or use stamps designed to give a water colour appearance.
So here is what I have got prepped…
Watercolour wings with brushos and some embossing.
Watercolour words with some inky circles using a gelli plate.
Watercolour wash background stamp with a silhouette.
A scrapbook page just for a change. Using the gelli plate to add the inky large circles and the circles from Happy Celebrations set which I applied ink to using the Stampin Write markers to keep with the sketchy look.
Hopefully we will get through these projects in no time at all… or at least get most of them done! Regardless I am sure we will have fun!
It was one of the princess’ friends birthdays last week who happens to like unicorns… So I made this card…
I made a rainbow background from distress inks (2 distress ink and not dostress oxides! Wonders will never cease!) and heat embossed the watercolour words sentiment. Then I die cut from white cardstock the unicorn I got with a magazine a while ago (I bought the magazine just for this die due to the amount of unicorn mad friends the princess has!).
After sticking it down and matting and layering with the black and pink I added clear glitter glue to the unicorn … which of course had to sparkle!
Hope the recipient liked the card… I know I enjoyed making it!
Today I have a YouTube video to share with you of a card I made using the fabulous Everything Eleanor stamp set. This really is a classic set and I hadn’t used it in a while. But I still love it.
And here is the card I made. I did loads of masking and then watercoloured with the inks. I love the way the early espresso blended with the pinks.
Love the sentiment from Watercolour Words too… Perfect!
I spent a bit of time sorting out the desk in the craft room a few days ago and came across some papers that were freebies with Making Cards magazine and was inspired to make some cards using scraps of card stock I already had lying around and the papers. I added embossing (heat and dry) and die cuts and stamping to make the cards special.
The collection of papers was title Together and the images are so cute.
So three anniversary cards and one engagement card for the stash and pleased to have made something from bits and bobs on the desk. The good news is that there are still more of these images left to work with and then a whole load from another collection still to get started on from the same magazine pack.
Today I have four ATCs I’ve made using my favourite medium ever… distress oxides! So yes another entry for the Paperartsy challenge on their blog and four ATCs towards my 365 challenge. But once again I’ve broken the no more Christmas in August rule… and made 4 ATCs as card toppers for my Christmas card stash.
I started with a piece of cream cardstock from the stash A5 size and used the square gel press mini to add the inks. I used broken china, peacock feathers, iced spruce and twisted cotton.
This provided a pattern to the colour albeit a loose pattern. Next I added stamping and stencilling. I used a mixture of SU stamp sets new and old and used the same colours of ink to add the stamping and the stencilling.
Then I cut my pieces… I cut them slightly smaller than the ATCs and also cut some cardstock to the right size for the bases.
I do have some little pieces leftover but none big enough to make into a complete atc so I’ve set those aside to use another time.
Then I went about adding feature stamping. For two I added stamps from a retired stamp set… White Christmas.
Then I used Wonderland for this one.
Then the last one I used Carols of Christmas to add the baubles and deer silhouette.
I used the Tim Holtz stickers for simple sentiments. I love all of these and they are quite flat so perfect for card toppers for when the time comes to mount them and make them into Christmas cards.
So I’ve been away from crafting because the parents are staying but yesterday I got some crafting done and made a start on the Christmas cards the parents have requested. So be prepared for a week of christmas starting here.
Of course I had to start with some ATC sized ones to get some more towards the challenge plus to start my creativity flowing!
I’ve also bitten the bullet and signed up as a Stampin Up demonstrator so this was using SU products (mainly) to create a mixed media style cardtoppers. I have to say I am quite impressed with how they came together. The card blanks I used and the mounts were not SU but they were just from the stash I had to hand.
I stuck the camera on whilst I played so you can check out my process here on YouTube and ended up with these 8 cards!
So that’s me into the 300’s on my ATC challenge…. Just 62 to go! Woo hoo!