Tonight its playtime with friends and we are making Christmas ATCs which we will turn into cards… and we are making 6 of them! Yes it sounds like a challenge but sure we can pull it off! I actually made 8 as samples but I think thay might be a bit much with only one mini gelli plate between us!
I used distress inks in a range of colours that I thought worked as Christmas colours.
I love how these all came out… such beautiful panels to work with… and each one is it’s own work of art. So then I pulled out a few sets of stamps and made the panels into the individual toppers.
So there are my 8 works of art… next step to cut them out and mount them before adding them to a card blank… Will update later with the final samples and of course pics of what we end up with tonight!
Later edit… here are the samples… I added a few simple embellishments and mounted them all onto the dark green ATCs I had die cut. Then added them all onto C6 card blanks… one with an additional piece of patterned paper as I wanted to show that they work with the patterned paper too! I doodles round some and on others raised them up on foam tape to add dimension. I also added wink of stella to a few elements to give some shimmer. (The other two did get made into cards too but didn’t provide them as samples for the class!)
And a much later edit… here is what I made tonight… I only managed to make three cards but I made lots and lots of backgrounds to make into something another day!
Today I have four ATCs I’ve made using my favourite medium ever… distress oxides! So yes another entry for the Paperartsy challenge on their blog and four ATCs towards my 365 challenge. But once again I’ve broken the no more Christmas in August rule… and made 4 ATCs as card toppers for my Christmas card stash.
I started with a piece of cream cardstock from the stash A5 size and used the square gel press mini to add the inks. I used broken china, peacock feathers, iced spruce and twisted cotton.
This provided a pattern to the colour albeit a loose pattern. Next I added stamping and stencilling. I used a mixture of SU stamp sets new and old and used the same colours of ink to add the stamping and the stencilling.
Then I cut my pieces… I cut them slightly smaller than the ATCs and also cut some cardstock to the right size for the bases.
I do have some little pieces leftover but none big enough to make into a complete atc so I’ve set those aside to use another time.
Then I went about adding feature stamping. For two I added stamps from a retired stamp set… White Christmas.
Then I used Wonderland for this one.
Then the last one I used Carols of Christmas to add the baubles and deer silhouette.
I used the Tim Holtz stickers for simple sentiments. I love all of these and they are quite flat so perfect for card toppers for when the time comes to mount them and make them into Christmas cards.
Tonight the princess started making cards for family members… we are a bit behind on this so some will be lucky to get them at all!
Loved the job she did of this one using White Christmas stamp set so thought I would share it.
A couple of weeks ago I did a card class for my supposedly non crafting friends who turned out to be rather talented in the crafting department. I then scheduled another session with them, but two were unable to turn up… so I did the same class again for them tonight.
Then like a complete daft idiot I forgot to take pictures of their completed projects… so instead you will have to see mine. Also will add in the links to the original posts and samples…
Clare and Caroline had the full kit like last time with the DSP and the cherry cobbler mounts… I made a smaller card and grabbed a gold mount for mine.
This is fairly true to the original sample. Caroline created a very different look with a different tree stamp from the set… can’t wait to try it out myself.
Clare and Caroline had the same colour scheme as the original in kraft but as I had run out of kraft cards I improvised with this turquoise instead.
We had all manner of different panels going on for this. Clare created a nice L shape for hers which really worked although her original idea was L for learner… I think both her and Caroline (like Gwen two weeks ago) are well and truly past that stage now with 8 cards under their belt (Gwen is actually on 9 but we ran out of energy tonight after the fourth!). Link to the original
So a fab night was had by all. I’m off to sleep as had very little in the way of rest time all day and absolutely shattered!
So the last card we had to work from on Monday was this …
It was all about two step stamping to layer the images.
A simple layered mount with fun paper for the background and a little wooden embellishment to finish off.
Here is the one I made on the night…
And here is Gwen’s …
This is the last of the bits and pieces rescued from the mess of my desk last week. This time some random pieces of Christmas paper I had leftover from another project.
Finished the cards off with some little stamped toppers. First the fabulous Festival of Trees set…
I layered the paper pieces onto a black card blank – like the funky feel of this.
Next up used the White Christmas stamp set to create this little topper. Also did a little bit of embossing to the white cardstock in the background.
So two more Christmas cards made… And from scraps. Not exactly UIUS I had been planning for this years cards but still no new products bought to create these.
Just a quick card to share today…
White Christmas stamped using the White craft ink, onto Rich Razzleberry with a Wisteria Wonder mount. Then a basic Grey card blank, stamped with Positively Chevron in Smoky Slate. A sentiment then added at the end, again with the white craft ink.