Hi there … It’s WOYWW! It’s been a little while since I joined in the fun of sharing the work space … But thought I would share today! I was actually not working on the actual desk, but instead back on the table in the family room as I had children playing in the garden at the time, and needed to be downstairs! So I grabbed an easy project …
Hot on the heels of my book of elephants, my distressed butterflies and families of flowers, I next tackled the box of Promarkers! It was spurred on by the purchase of a new set of Limited Edition Promarkers on offer for £10 in Hobbycraft … For 12 Promarkers and a blender pen! Amazing value and of course just HAD to have them!
First thing I do with new pens is test them out on a sheet of whisper white as I never think the colour on the outside does them any justice! And inspired by that little sweep of colour I did I decided to dedicate a couple of hours to the joy that is coloring in!!!
So here is a little round up of activities…
1. Stamped one of the ticket stamps in That’s the Ticket stamp set a gazillion times onto strips of Whisper White.
2. Added a sweep of colour across each one, and wrote in the name and any identifying ink number on the little ticket lines.
3. punched them all out and tried to put them into colour groups. Then spent an age going through the official promarker list of colours and then adding in the Limited Edition ones where they seemed to fit (in my eyes).
4. Lined up all the punched tickets… Don’t they look fab?
5. In an A5 Sketch ring bound sketch book, I added in some pencil lines to keep them straight, and then glued them in in pairs in order.
6. As the greys page only had 6 tickets on it … I decided on a colorful piece of artwork … This is actually the front page of the sketch book so it seemed a suitable opening page. With hindsight probably would have been better at the top of the page … Ah well never mind! Used on of the Darcy Paperartsy stamps and plenty of masking to get many many colorful hearts one on top of the other!
7. As a finishing touch for each page I wanted it to have a border of some kind, so I drew some intertwining swirls to create segments in which I added the colours from the page in a graduated type effect. As I had done border in a slightly different place on each page working towards the edge of the page on the last one, I was able to cut along the border for each page, so you can see the lower pages peeping out… Here you are…
I know there are a zillion other Promarkers colours, but it have decided enough is enough for me. I don’t use them often enough to justify any more, and the box I store them in is now completely and utterly filled to the brim… There isn’t even room for the blender pen in there! But I have to say I really enjoyed making these pages, although maybe the amount of fumes from the pens was making me a little high! Ha! I love colour and I loved the therapeutic nature of doing this… And can you believe it I didn’t make one mistake! Amazing!
Anyways … Next week will take pics back at my usual crafting space… Off to nosey at other peoples desks and projects now!