To enclose the coins I made and shared with you yesterday I also made a card. I used much the same techniques and all the same colours, but this time onto a tag and some photo paper. I love the photo paper finish…
So bright and lovely layers.
I added the tag, on normal watercolour cardstock as a raised tag and cut the background down to fit the card blank.
Then finished with some doodled lines and a few sequins.
Just so cool!
Happy crafting and of course happy Halloween!
Today I have 4 coins I have made for a swap where the theme is Halloween.
I started with distress oxides and the coins cut from mountboard. I chose all Halloween colours for the coins and created a smooshed background making sure to dry between each layer so the layers stayed the right colour and didn’t turn to mud!
Then I went to town stamping with all my Halloween stamps, both magazine freebies and my Tim Holtz ones.
I made sure to edge the coins, using th mowed lawn green colour and then coloured some cardstock with the same colour to stamp the focal images on.
I cut out the images and then added them to the coins with foam tape for dimension.
Love how they turned out.
I shared the cards I made as part of a play session with my friends a few days ago… well I finished a few off, plus some of the partial pieces I made during the play session too… so here they are.
First off the gelli plate piece. I ended up cutting it down a little and adding a sentiment sticker. I gave this to my cousin and her family when we stayed with them in their new home this weekend.
Next up I added more doodling and a sentiment to the smooshing card.
I also added a sentiment to the card below…
Love how sparkly the black wink of Stella pen gives the centre of the flowers too.
Next I finished off another card that was another smooshed piece that I made on the night using very different colours.
Just love how different this looks… love all the doodling too.
And this time a clear wink of stella flower centre.
Love how I found time to get these finished off! There are a few more to go that I will share on another day!
A couple of weeks ago my friends Karen and Mara joined me for some arty fun and we played with distress oxides (at Mara’s request).
I didn’t do much prep before the session due to a lack of time but managed to get some projects done during the night regardless using the usual techniques for using distress oxides.
Firstly we started with simple stamping!
This was using the Badassartstamps to create a panel in one colour family and then a focal point from some contrast colours with an overlay sentiment.
Second project was to do some blending and stencilling and water reaction.
This card has yet to have a sentiment added but hopefully I will be able to add one soon to finish it off.
Next up I created a background using the fabulous smooshing method.
I also added some stencilling, blended edges and of course the stamped wildflowers.
This was a bit of a two for one card too as I also created this next background by using the photo paper as a mop up.
This makes such a dramatic background and fab way to showcase the Visible Image stamp.
Love how different the same inks look on the different types of substrate.
Finally some gelli plate work onto different substances created this (albeit unfinished) card topper!
Had such a fun time crafting with my friends. Wish we could do this more often, but life is so busy it is not always easy to get together!
For Christmas I gave my parents and my auntie a calendar I had made with a postcard sized piece of art on each month… so today I am sharing their January artwork.
As I was making two at a time it was relatively simple to make them side by side and in most cases they are very similar… although obviously each is unique.
The January artwork was a gelli plate and distress oxide background with stamping using some Tim Holtz trees and some versafine black ink. I then masked and blended the bottom edge to neaten it up.
I finished it with the month stamp which is a Paperartsy one and some doodling.
Hello… I have another design teteam contribution to share today… this is for Back to Basics and Beyond challenge where the theme for this fortnight is “stamping and colouring on vellum”.
So I actually made this a few weeks ago for my hubbys birthday card. I was heavily inspired by a YouTube video I had watched (Link) and made this cocktail themed card.
I used Tim HolHoltz blueprint cocktail stamps in a few colours of SU inks and made the background. Then I made the topper.
Next I embossed the sentiment onto the vellum panel and used SU write markers to colour the reverse which gives a more muted effect … perfperfect against the busy background.
I wrapped that round the panel and then added the rest of the sentiment and the embellishments to finish off.
So big credit goes to xxx for the inspiration… and now off to see what others have done with vellum for the challenge.